Cook - Seasonal / Saisonnier
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
Otter Creek Farms Food TruckWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Restaurant/Hotel / Restaurant/Hôtel
Otter Creek Fams is a local farm that rasies 100% full blood Wagyu Cattle. This summer we are launching a food truck that will be operating 7 days a week. We are looking for a strong team members to join us for the summer.
Job Listing #1041
Cook • Seasonal / Saisonnier
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2018
Application Deadline: 25 Apr 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Restaurant/Hotel / Restaurant/Hôtel
Hours Per Week: 30-40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 15
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Otter Creek Farms Food Truck is looking to hire a full time cook to assist with food preparation, cooking, and serving. The truck is open Monday-Friday for lunch as well as special events on weekends. The period of employment is full time between May and August 2018, with part time hours in September and October (for special events and catering)
Job Location: City Park, Kingston ON (travel required on weekends)
- The Cook will be asked to prep food for service each day. This can mean chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces. Depending on the needs of the schedule, the cook may be asked to prepare items for special events.
- Ensuring safe food handling practices in the Food Truck.
- Poses complete knowledge and timely execution of all food menus, this includes ingredients, preparation methods and presentation.
- Recognizes food allergies and dietary requirements/preferences.
- The Cook is responsible for cleaning their station and may be asked to help clean the entire truck. This means disposing of garbage, cleaning pots, pans and cleaning cooking surfaces.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Head Chef and Otter Creek Management
Please send your application to email@example.com.
- Minimum Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma
- Experience in all aspects of food handling and preparation
- Basic culinary knowledge and knowledge of products (specifically beef)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Ability to stand for long periods of time as well as lift up to 40 lbs
- Interpersonal skills to deal with a variety of people
Dress Code: Closed toed shoes (t-shirts will be provided)
You have viewed this listing 1 times.