Victim Services of Leeds & Grenville
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Victim Services of Leeds & Grenville (formerly VCARS) is a community-based program working in partnership with police, fire and EMS, child protection (CAS), Victim Witness Assistance Program and the local women’s shelter. We are a 24 / 7 agency that provides immediate, confidential short-term crisis intervention services, practical assistance, information, referrals and emotional support to persons affected by crime, tragedy and / or disaster.
Job Listing #1528
Coordinator - Victim Issue Coordinating Committee Leeds and Grenville • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2018
Application Deadline: 21 Jun 2018
Location: Leeds and Grenville
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: 15
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $20
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Under the direction of and reporting to the Victim Issues Coordinating Committee of Leeds & Grenville, the coordinator is responsible for organizing and managing the committee’s activities as well as working collaboratively with various individuals, groups and community partners to raise VICC’s profile through administrative work, project management and various education and communication strategies.
Job Status: This is a contract position that will begin immediately and end March 31st, 2019 with the option to renew on a yearly basis. As a contract employee, the Coordinator will be expected to provide their own cell phone that they are able to use for work purposes.
Responsible for developing, implementing organizing and coordinating the VICC’s violence prevention projects.
• Responsible for all administrative work in relation to VICC projects including organizing and attending all committee and subcommittee meetings, taking minutes, distributing agendas, producing reports, managing budgets.
• Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Responsible for website maintenance and updates and maintenance of all social media accounts (facebook, twitter, IG).
• Attendance at all community and public education events and responsible for resource management and public education at these events.
• In conjunction with sub-committee members and chair/ co-chair, responsible for all media releases and media presence as it pertains to community events including the development of marketing materials, announcements, photo opportunities and social media marketing for special events.
• Participate in the development and implementation of a communication strategy to keep committee members informed of ongoing events, issues and information.
• Assist in the development and writing of grant applications on behalf of the committee and its members for projects that are aligned with the same goals and focus as the committee and will benefit the community.
Work required includes a demonstrated ability to coordinate the VICC for a diversified, primarily rural catchment area. Such ability is normally acquired through the completion of post-secondary training in women’s studies, social sciences, marketing, public administration or related programs.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to gender-based violence and antiviolence initiatives
• Work requires experience in project development and coordination
• Demonstrated ability in event planning and management
• Proven experience in marketing and communication strategies including the use of social media
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required
• Functional proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to work independently and under the direction of the Victim Services Coordinating Committee of Leeds & Grenville, set priorities, and complete work timely and accurately
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills including the ability to prioritize work and meet conflicting demands
• Experience and comfort with facilitating committee meetings
• Knowledge of community resources for victims and survivors
• A valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle
• Proven ability to generate Ministry level yearly reports an asset
You have viewed this listing 3 times.