Community & Primary Health Care- Lanark, Leeds & Grenville (CPHC)Website Icon
Industry Sector: Health Care / Soins de santé
Community & Primary Health Care (CPHC) is a registered charitable organization dedicated to improving the lives of seniors and their families. Serving Lanark, Leeds and Grenville, and Kingston (Lifeline), CPHC provides comprehensive and flexible support with the goal of improving the health, safety and happiness of our clients.
As a branch of the Victoria Order of Nurses (VON), CPHC first began serving the seniors of Brockville in 1913. By 1970, CPHC had expanded throughout Lanark, Leeds and Grenville to serve communities such as Smiths Falls, Carleton Place, and Gananoque.
In 2006, the VON Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Branch officially became Community & Primary Health Care. We presently serve over 5,000 clients throughout the tri-county area, providing services such as Meals on Wheels, Escorted Transportation, and Lifeline. CPHC's central office at 2235 Parkedale Avenue, Brockville, is a state-of-the-art, fully-accessible building that was designed to ensure that our support and services are available to all in need.
Job Listing #1908
Part-Time & Casual Respite Caregivers Needed • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2018
Application Deadline: 31 Aug 2018
Location: Leeds and Grenville
Category: Health Care / Soins de santé
Hours Per Week: 1
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 19.00
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
CPHC invites Part-Time Respite Caregiver (scheduled up to 37.5 hours/ week) applications for Gananoque & area and North Leeds (including Portland/Elgin) & area.
CPHC invites Casual Respite Caregiver applications for Gananoque & area and North Leeds (including Portland/Elgin) & area.
Are you looking for?
- Paid travel time between clients.
- Paid mileage at $0.40 per/km.
- Pension plan participation.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid orientation.
- Becoming an integral member of a team.
- Opportunities to enhance your skills, & knowledge.
Do you have?
- Minimum PSW (Personal Support Worker) certificate from an accredited program required.
- Gerontology, recreation with older adults program diploma preferred.
- Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease, related dementia ,cognitively impaired , frail elderly , challenges and the effect on the client and their family.
- Experience in providing care in the home preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Have a reliable vehicle, a valid drivers’ license, clear drivers record, and appropriate auto insurance
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- A current CPR certificate, Level C.
What you will do:
- Provide in-home respite for individuals in their home environment following the established care plan.
- Provide respite relief to caregiver by offering supervision and companionship to client.
- Provide cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the client.
- May assist with client nutrition.
- May be required to provide personal care.
- Escort clients to doctor appointments, shopping , social outings, etc.
- Maintain records of service, recording each visit and noting changes in status on the client report.
- On occasion non-traditional hours, which may include evenings , overnights, and weekends as required.
- May be required to provide coverage for other areas on an as needed basis.
There is no guarantee of hours with these positions. $19.00 / hour + % in lieu for LHIN Direct Service Hours. For non-direct care hours, salary commensurate with experience (2018 salary range 16.05/ hour - $17.17 /hour + % in lieu). These positions are unionized – SEIU Local 1 Canada.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence by August 31st , 2018 to the attention of Chacity Einfeldt, Administrative / Human Resources Assistant: 2235 Parkedale Ave. Brockville, Ontario K6V 6B2 Fax: 613-342-7582 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CPHC is committed to providing a recruitment and selection process that is both inclusive and free from barriers. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available throughout the hiring process upon request, by contacting the Human Resources department at 613-342-1747 x 2045 .
Additional Requirements: Required to have a reliable vehicle, a valid drivers’ license, clear drivers record, and appropriate auto insurance, including liability coverage. Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, and Vulnerable Sector Screening. A current CPR certificate, Level C.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.