Queen's Community MusicWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Queen's Community Music offers private lessons, group course, ensembles, workshops and performance opportunities.
Sistema Kingston fosters positive social change for children in underserved areas, through the pursuit of musical excellence.
Job Listing #1918
Sistema Kingston part-time Teaching Artist (Cello/Choir/Viola) • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2018
Application Deadline: 07 Sep 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 15
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Based on qualifications and experience
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
There are few opportunities as meaningful and rewarding as teaching, mentoring and supporting
children from under-served areas who otherwise would never have an opportunity to play an
instrument. Sistema Kingston is an intensive after school program in Kingston ON that focuses
on positive social change through the pursuit of musical excellence. Using the Venezuelan El
Sistema as its model, Sistema Kingston emphasizes inclusivity and teamwork, builds personal
persistence, and fosters creativity and personal responsibility in all of its activities.
Provide group-based music instruction in area of specialty (Cello/Choir/Viola), and instructional support in other
activities. Instruction will include (but is not limited to):
• Developing and implementing lesson plans in line with annual curriculum goals
• Teaching and modelling technique, ear training, listening skills, note reading
• Teaching, mentoring and supervising students in all contexts during all Sistema Kingston
program hours (Mon-Thurs 2.30-5.30pm) and performances.
• Participation in regular Sistema Kingston team meetings and events
• Supporting and incorporating volunteer involvement with ensemble/classroom
• Setup and takedown teaching space in preparation of the program
• Positive interactions with all families
• Modelling the principles and philosophy of Sistema Kingston in all activities
• Performance proficiency in primary instrument
• Teaching and conducting experience in primary instrument
• Knowledge of beginner instrumental or vocal pedagogy, and relevant materials
• Ability to sing on pitch
• Minimum theory: RCM Advanced Rudiments Certificate or demonstrated knowledge of
• Work experience with groups of children
• Excellent verbal communication skills
You have viewed this listing 1 times.