Employment and Education Centre
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
The Employment + Education Centre (EEC) is a not-for-profit agency that is committed to helping individuals reach their potential through education, employment, volunteering and financial counselling. We are funded primarily through the federal and provincial governments which makes it possible to provide our services free of charge.
Job Listing #2605
Assistant Field Technician and Tower Climber • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018
Application Deadline: 23 Nov 2018
Location: Leeds and Grenville
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $28,000. to $40,000
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Truespeed is a rapidly growing Internet Service Provider located in Brockville, Ontario. We focus on customer service and strive to deliver on what we promise. Offering a busy environment supported by a great team, we’re sure to engage a successful applicant looking for professional challenges.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced career minded Field Installation Technician to join our dynamic team at our Brockville, Ontario headquarters. The position is primarily responsible for handling the installation and service of Truespeed internet products and services for our clients including servicing wireless equipment installed on towers.
This is a full-time position - Monday to Friday with the possibility of extended work after hours and weekends as required.
- Service off-site locations for the purpose of deployment, troubleshooting or service migration of Truespeed wireless internet, Shaw Direct Satellite, network cable installation or a variety of technical-oriented deployment and maintenance.
- Tower climbing up to 300 feet or more involving maintenance and installation of wireless equipment.
- Assist field supervisor with documenting activity and submitting reports on a regular basis.
- Assist scheduler in prioritizing numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels or time intervals.
- Follow up on e-mail support requests and calls delegated from management are required to provide resolution and preserve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Create or update trouble tickets and perform escalations as required by procedures.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer oriented service in technical support to our clients by actively listening, documenting, and striving for a high level of first interaction resolution.
- Provide assistance with all general duties required for the smooth operations of the Technical Services Department as directed by your supervisor.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as needed for special projects.
- Remain knowledgeable in industry standards and trends.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Possesses the Following
- 1 year plus telecommunication / technical installation working at heights experience;
- Willingness to work at heights year round in Ontario's climate conditions;
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities;
- Ability to prioritize, manage projects and multi task with minimal supervision;
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills, bilingualism a plus;
- Previous experience designing and preparing Statements of Work;
- Exceptional Problem solving and trouble shooting skills;
- Strong Customer Service orientation with a positive, outgoing and optimistic personality;
- Clean, well organized, detail oriented and must be a quick learner;
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally and appropriately;
- In lieu of experience, an applicant with post- secondary education in a relevant degree or certificate may be considered.
Health Insurance benefits (health, dental, vision) available after 3 months on job
Friendly, supportive and motivating environment
Many opportunities within a rapidly growing company
Casual dress code and full access to a well-stocked Keurig!
Work Location Brockville, Ontario and the surrounding region
Salary To be negotiated based on applicant qualification.
Please note that the selected candidate may be required to successfully complete a background check and Working At Heights certification training.
We thank all applicants however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How To Apply:
The Employment + Education Centre is accepting resumes on behalf of this Employer.
Please apply to email@example.com stating job title in subject line of email.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.