Reztel Communications / Volo ServicesWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Reztel/Volo Services is an industry leader in the local telecommunications market providing home phone, internet and satelllite television services.
Job Listing #2606
Network Field Technician • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018
Application Deadline: 07 Dec 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire based on experience
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
NETWORK FIELD TECHNICIAN
Reztel/Volo Services is an industry leader in the local telecommunications market, and is looking for a full time technician to complete Internet and satellite TV MDU installations as well as installation of our Volo Digital Phone Service.
The field technician will complete all assigned tasks in such a manner that will provide the best quality of customer service possible. The tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following; initial configuration and installation of network equipment, customer installation (including connections, adds, moves, changes and removals) as well as service work. The technician will be required to review the interior of the client location and quickly ascertain what is required for successful installation of the services. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly problem solve potential hindrances to the installation that will allow the work order to be completed. The technician will be comfortable discussing the install options with the customer and provide clear, easy to understand answers to their questions relating to the pertinent technology. The technician will complete the installation/service work according to established procedures, policies and available tools. The technician is responsible for installing, operating and maintaining all products and aspects of the network to Reztel/Volo Services and Industry Canada standards; as well as completing the work to the customer’s satisfaction.
The technician will perform all work in accordance with Health and Safety Standards utilizing Personal Protective Equipment.
The technician will be responsible to maintain the vehicle, test equipment and other assigned tools and equipment in clean and excellent condition.
The technician will be responsible to complete various administrative duties; completing work orders with all necessary and relevant information; maintaining an accurate record of all field inventory including recording all hardware installed and/or recovered, DOA, damaged, etc.
The technician will work to establish a positive relationship with all customers being aware that he/she is the face of Reztel/Volo Services and the last point of contact in providing a positive customer service experience. The technician will strive to identify the customer needs and fulfill their requirements in a timely, professional manner.
Task assignments may be changed as new technology is available. The technician will accept these new tasks along with any training required for the successful completion of the new tasks.
The technician will perform other tasks and/or duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with networking equipment, programming and troubleshooting is an asset
- Computer skills to complete connection and troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Must be PC literate and have a good working knowledge of the Internet and Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Familiar with larger commercial building construction
- Professional appearance
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer service oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision
- Must be insurable for driving a commercial vehicle with a valid G license as well as have a safe driving record with no suspensions of any kind on your driving abstract
- Capable of lifting at least 50 lbs.
- Flexible to work various shifts (days, evenings, weekends) and to be on call
- Available to work 40 hours per week
- Ability to distinguish colours
- Previous experience installing alarm systems, cable, satellite or phones would be an asset
- Must successfully complete required training
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Requirements: Clean Drivers' Abstract
You have viewed this listing 1 times.