KEYS Job Centre
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Free Employment Service Agency.
Job Listing #2742
Parish Secretary/Bookkeeper • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2018
Application Deadline: 04 Jan 2019
Location: Town of Gananoque
Category: Clerical/Administrative / Administration/Travail de bureau
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $17 - $21
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Location: Gananoque, ON
Perform secretarial and bookkeeping duties for St. John the Evangelist Church in Gananoque & St. Philomena Church on Howe Island. Work site: St. John the Evangelist Church, 270 Stone St. S., Gananoque.
Full time, 37.5 hours per week; Mondays to Fridays; $17.00 - $21.00 dependent on experience; performance-based salary review after successful completion of three-month probationary period. Benefits offered.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing secretarial work for Father Dale Wright, designated staff and parish committees
- Scheduling of calendar and parish events
- Recording accounts receivable and payable in accounting software
- Handling of payroll functions including government forms and records; bank deposits and electronic payments
- Entering all charitable donations and issuing receipts.
- Preparing financial and spiritual reports; Registered Charity Reports; Cemetery Reports.
- Experience in: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publishing software, Financial software (preferably Sage)
- Experience working in an office setting
- Strong bookkeeping knowledge
- Discretion and respect for the confidential nature of the work; aptitude for detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees, parishioners and the public
- Vulnerable Sector Screening Certificate that dates back six months or less before date of entry into office
- Experience in a church office environment is an asset.
- Pursuant to subsection 24 (1) of the Ontario Human Rights Code, St. John the Evangelist Church has the right to prefer, in matters of employment, Roman Catholic candidates.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume. Email using the APPLY NOW link or hand deliver in a sealed envelope to: St. John the Evangelist Church, ATTN: Hiring Committee, 270 Stone St. S., Gananoque, ON K7G 2A1.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We will only contact those applicants whose skills, knowledge and experience most closely match the requirements of the position. Two work-related references will be required at the time of an interview.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.