Youth DiversionWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Youth Diversion helps youth overcome challenges by providing individualized services to divert youth from risk; providing both intervention and prevention services; and, working collaboratively and in partnership with youth, their families, other agencies and our community. With 17 staff and more than 100 volunteers, we support youth 8-24 in Kingston Frontenac Lennox and Addington Counties.
Job Listing #2743
Rebound Coordinator/Y2K (Youth 2 Kingston) Adult Community Facilitator • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2018
Application Deadline: 17 Dec 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: 28
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $19-$20
Language Requirements: Bilingual / Poste Bilingue
Youth Diversion helps youth overcome challenges by:
Providing individualized services to divert youth from risk;
Providing both intervention and prevention services; and,
Working collaboratively and in partnership with youth, their families, other agencies and our community
Rebound Coordinator/Y2K (Youth 2 Kingston) Adult Community Facilitator
Part time (28 hours per week) – Contract Position January 2, 2019 to March 31, 2019 with the potential for extension
Rebound is a ten week life skills program designed to provide youth 12-17 with the skills necessary to overcome the challenges of adolescence. In a ten week, structured and fun environment youth work with trained volunteers to learn and practice skills such as communication, decision making and team work. Y2K Adult Community Facilitator will be partnered with a young person in a youth-adult partnership (YAP) to develop, implement and execute aspects of the Y2K work plan which includes a strong emphasis on the youth voice in community capacity building.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- College diploma or university degree in a related field.
- Recent, relevant, client-centred work with vulnerable children/youth,
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Sound knowledge of community services for children, youth and families
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong group facilitation skills
- Ability to problem solve and work effectively under pressure
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships and develop active community partnerships
- Experience with delivery of formal and informal training and presentations
- Bilingual preferred (French/English)
The position requires the successful applicant to work flexible hours and travel throughout KFL&A. A current Vulnerable Sector Police Records Check, valid Class “G” driver’s licence and references are required. The use of reliable vehicle with required insurance is essential in meeting the demands of the job.
Applications will be received no later than Monday December 17th at 4:00pm. Please submit cover letter and resume by email with the subject line “Rebound Coordinator” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have viewed this listing 1 times.