Big River TechnologyWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
big river technologies inc. is a nearshore software development company founded by an experienced team of technology and business experts. We are located in the beautiful 1000 islands region and offer a healthy balance between work and free-time lifestyles. We are growing quickly and are working with top Fortune 500 clients in our space. If you succeed in a fast-paced, self-starting and client-facing environment, working with the latest technologies on exciting projects, then we want to hear from you.
Job Listing #2745
QA Strategist • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2018
Application Deadline: 04 Jan 2019
Location: Town of Gananoque
Category: Computer/IT / Ordinateur/Technologie de l'information
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Compensation based upon previous experience
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
About Big River
big river technologies inc., was founded by seasoned industry veterans with decades of experience in capital markets technology and delivery excellence. Our leadership team created big river to be the boutique customer-centric firm they always wanted to work for, truly focused on client success. Headquartered in Gananoque, in the heart of the beautiful 1000 Islands region of Eastern Ontario and offices in New York City and Toronto, we work for some of the world’s largest and most successful organizations. Our Business-Driven Development methodology ensures projects are delivered on time & budget. We have three core practices: FinTech, user experience discovery, and enterprise computing. Our work spans end-to-end solution development including ideation, architecture, design, software development, quality assurance and overall delivery. We’re passionate about what we do. Come join us, you will thrive.
We are looking for client-facing QA visionaries. You are passionate about QA and helping developers 'design in' quality using approaches such as Test Driven Development (TDD), Agile principles and using tools like jBehave, Cucumber, Karma with Jasmine, Mocha, or Selenium. Your primary focus will be to validate that software components and systems function according to spec using a test driven development methodology. Your main duties will include both automated and manual testing. You will work in a team of developers, in an Agile based delivery model. A thorough technical understanding of the SLAs and NFRs of the components is required.
- Deliver timely project execution and project work products that exceed customer expectations by developing comprehensive testing strategy for entire applications
- Contribute to functional specifications strategy, refinement of requirements to ensure excellent testability and detailed design documents for client projects and serve as a technical resource for client projects
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and emergent technologies
- Function as QA lead, mentoring and guiding junior QA engineers
- Perform global infrastructure co-ordination between client teams as required for projects (involves multiple time zone meetings)
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience as a Developer, QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role.
- Experience with Cloud based technologies: Microsoft Azure, DevOps Test Plans, Load Tests, Azure SQL, CosmosDB, etc.
- Capital Markets domain knowledge and experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in QA Test Strategy/Test Planning in an Agile environment is a must have;
- Experience with QA procedures in Microsoft Azure Cloud, DevOps Story writing, and infrastructure resource management
- Develop automated test suites for testing applications in Microsoft Azure Cloud environment
- Well versed in industry best patterns and practices around automated QA testing
- Experience with Testing tools such as: Selenium, Jasmine, Cucumber, RSpec, Mocha/Chai, SoapUI / Rest Assure / Jest / Nightwatch.js
- Experience with automating Azure DevOps Test Plans to perform functional and non-functional tests
- Experience testing API driven applications with end point testing and how to validate test cases
- Experience with Agile software engineering practices, particularly Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Automated Testing.
- Experience working with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Excellent working knowledge of white box, black box, and integration testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Work Related Expectations
The incumbent will ideally be based out of our Gananoque office and must be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate client requirements in a variety of time zones. We service clients across North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific regions and vary our working hours accordingly.
big river tech is committed to employment equity and diversity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender. If any applicant requires accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Only those candidates for which an interview will be scheduled will be contacted.
For those interested in being considered for this role, please click on the below link, and follow instructions for submitting your application, including updated resume.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.