Big River TechnologyWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
big river technologies inc. is a nearshore software development company founded by an experienced team of technology and business experts. We are located in the beautiful 1000 islands region and offer a healthy balance between work and free-time lifestyles. We are growing quickly and are working with top Fortune 500 clients in our space. If you succeed in a fast-paced, self-starting and client-facing environment, working with the latest technologies on exciting projects, then we want to hear from you.
Job Listing #2746
Blockchain Software Developer • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2018
Application Deadline: 04 Jan 2019
Location: Town of Gananoque
Category: Computer/IT / Ordinateur/Technologie de l'information
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Compensation based upon previous experience
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
big river technologies inc., was founded by seasoned industry veterans with over 100 combined years of experience in capital markets technology and delivery excellence. Our leadership team created big river to be the boutique client-centric firm they always wanted to work for, truly focused on client success and valued business outcomes. Headquartered in Gananoque, in the heart of the beautiful 1000 Islands region of Eastern Ontario and offices in New York City and Toronto, we have decades of experience developing enterprise solutions for some of the world’s largest and most successful organizations. Our Business-Driven Development methodology ensures projects are delivered on time & budget. We have three core practices: FinTech, user experience discovery, and enterprise computing. Our work spans end-to-end solution ideation, architecture, design, software development, quality assurance and overall delivery. We’re passionate about client success. Come join us, you will thrive.
We are looking for client-facing Software Developers, with development skills in Blockchain, specifically the Ethererium platform including Solidity and smart contract development. Ultimately, we look for bright, hard-working, fun individuals who have a passion for solving problems. Strong leaders desiring to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment and deliver extraordinary results for our clients will find the greatest success at big river.
As a big river technologies Blockchain/Etherium Software Developer, the opportunities are limitless for you to develop your technical, business and leadership skills, by working with the latest technologies to implement critical business solutions for our clients. You will build quality relationships with colleagues and clients. Truly, you will work with clients who are as excited as you are about reshaping their world.
Training programs are available and salary is commensurate with experience.
- Working with our Blockchain client base to implement applications on the Etherium platform, including Solidity programming
- Part of a team delivering fully functional and testable applications
- Ensuring the solution NFRs meet or exceed proposed specifications
- Writing tested, idiomatic, and documented code, HTML, JS and CSS
- Coordinating the workflow between designers, other coders, and yourself
- Building RESTful APIs
- Communicating with external web services
Skills and Qualifictions
- Exemplary communication skills
- Team player
- Experience working in an Agile team is highly desirable
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments is desirable
- A university degree in computer science or related discipline or equivalent
- Experience in systems integration, software development, package implementation, and/or interactive design.
- Ability to define, create and complete a task without a great deal of guidance.
- Ability to be creative and innovative, and work well independently and as a team player in a fast-paced consulting environment.
Work Related Expectations
the incumbent will ideally be based out of our Gananoque office, and must be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate client requirements in the time zone of their choice. We service clients across North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific regions and vary our working hours accordingly.
big river tech is committed to employment equity and diversity and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender. If any applicant requires accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Only those candidates for which an interview will be scheduled will be contacted.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.