Kingston Community Health Centres Website IconFacebook IconTwitter Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Kingston Community Health Centres (KCHC) is a multi-service, multi-site Community Health Centre – that means we care for the people in our community, but we also care for and build up our community.
At KCHC, we have many locations, and many different services and programs. While our work is diverse, all of our programs and staff are united by our values and by our mission: To care, to respond, to build community.
Job Listing #2884
Facilities Support Worker • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2019
Application Deadline: 23 Jan 2019
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: General Labour/Trades / Manœuvres et gens de métiers
Hours Per Week: Up to 35
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $17.58 - $21.18
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Facilities Support Worker
Casual Contract ending March 2020
Anticipatory January 2019
$17.58 - $21.18
Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor, the Facilities Support Worker performs routine maintenance and cleaning of KCHC’s physical sites.
*This position description is currently under review to incorporate core competencies. Final position description will be provided to the successful candidate when available.
· Ensures all buildings are clean and safe from obstacles and hazardous material, including garbage/recycling removal, deep cleaning, pest control and Biohazard care
· Ensures all furnishings and equipment are in good repair
· Aids in annual or semi-annual cleaning of windows
· Informs Facilities Coordinator of repairs, inspections and reports to be tracked in maintenance log
· Maintains current inventory of maintenance supplies, equipment and organization storage units, ensuring appropriate amount is on hand at all sites
· Reports on any damage to sites to Facilities Coordinator
· Maintains maintenance equipment and personal protective equipment in good repair
· Sweep, dust and/or wash surfaces, such as floors or walls
· Perform regular garbage and recycling disposal per schedule
· Set up/tear down rooms for programs and events, as directed
· Move furniture and materials to delegated locations using appropriate tools and assists
· Other related duties may be assigned
- Complies with all relevant legislation and KCHC policies, including privacy laws
- Supports consistent application and development of KCHC policies and procedures
- Supports KCHC’s student and volunteer placement programs
- Promotes awareness of and participation in KCHC activities
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
Basic Education and Experience Requirements
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent; some trades training an asset
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience and knowledge in building maintenance, cleaning, repair, and basic electrical, carpentry and plumbing; experience in large, high traffic facilities an asset
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical and mechanical equipment
- Current First Aid and WHMIS certificates
- Valid driver’s license, valid insurance and use of reliable vehicle, clean driving record
- Awareness of, and ability to support, provincial and federal privacy regulations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Time management skills and ability to complete assigned tasks with limited supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and above average attention to detail
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including lifting up to 50lbs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a commitment to being a “team player”
Organizational Competencies: Accountability, Client Focus, Collaboration, Continuous Learning
Position Competencies: Attention to Detail, Safety, Time Management
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
- Ability to speak a second language an asset
- CPR/1st Aid training an asset
- Please include a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experiences correspond with the specific job qualifications along with your resume.
- Save all documents as a single PDF file using your own name (Last, First).
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference “2019-02-KCHC” in the subject line.
- Applications must be submitted to Human Resources by Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
As a registered professional, to abide by and be accountable to the ethics and standards set out by the relevant regulatory body of the profession.
All KCHC staff have a duty to understand and follow KCHC policies, uphold high ethical and professional standards, and maintain confidentiality and privacy, using tact and good judgment in all dealings with other staff and clients.
KCHC is an equal opportunity employer, respecting and embracing the needs and diversity of our employees. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify Human Resources.
KCHC is a proud Living Wage employer!
Kingston Community Health Centres, 263 Weller Ave. Kingston ON, K7K 2V4
You have viewed this listing 1 times.