Planning Intern - Seasonal / Saisonnier
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
Township of South FrontenacWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Municipal government - township
Job Listing #3055
Planning Intern • Seasonal / Saisonnier
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2019
Application Deadline: 08 Mar 2019
Location: Frontenac County
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 15.55
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The Township of South Frontenac is recruiting a Planning Intern, a student position for the summer months. The Planning Intern will work in conjunction with and provide support to the Planner, Planning Assistant and Director of Development Services. The student will assist with processing planning applications, perform research, updating planning documents, preparing reports and undertaking special projects as assigned.
- Perform statistical analysis, policy research and analysis, historical research and prepare reports
- Assist with the work done in support of the Committee of Adjustments including preparation of minutes and notices of decisions
- Assist with the preparation of standard documents and forms
- Assist with the maintenance of planning and property files
- Assist with other duties related to zoning amendments and road closings
- Assist with the initial review of applications and requests for compliance confirmations
- Inputs data and maintains databases for related projects and assignments
- Develops knowledge of municipal operations and addresses requests for information from the public
This is a seasonal student position based on 40 hours a week. Applicants must have been a student in 2019 and be returning to school in the fall of 2019.
- Must be currently enrolled in a university program in planning or a related field
- Must have and maintain a valid Class G Driver’s License.
- Must have a vehicle as the office is located in Sydenham Ontario, north of Kingston.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills to deal with public inquiries
- Decision-making skills
- Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft word, excel & powerpoint) and skills
- Knowledge of Arcview GIS system and web-based mapping would be an asset
- Knowledge of the Municipal Act, Planning Act and other legislative acts would be an asset
For additional application information and the link to the Student Application form please visit our website at http://www.southfrontenac.net/en/town-hall/careers.asp
Resumes and student application forms may be emailed in confidence to:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.