Public Education/Museum Coordinator - Seasonal / Saisonnier
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
Township of South FrontenacWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Municipal government - township
Job Listing #3056
Public Education/Museum Coordinator • Seasonal / Saisonnier
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2019
Application Deadline: 19 Apr 2019
Location: Frontenac County
Category: Customer Service / Service à la clientèle
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 15.55
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The Township of South Frontenac is seeking an enthusiastic ambassador to act as an information resource to the Public on the programs and services offered by the Township. This position also provides supports to the Township of South Frontenac Museum and the Portland District and Area Heritage Society.
Public Education Component
- Acts as the Public Education Coordinator and deliver information on the various programs and services offered by the Township
- Plans, designs and implements promotional and educational programs for the Township of South Frontenac
- Develops, provides set-up and attends displays at events/facilities etc.
- Plans, organizes and participates in special events including the distribution of related information.
- Works closely with the Recreation Supervisor and participates in the promotion and education of Recreation programs and events.
- Develops and maintains consistent messaging and success measurement on various communication medium platforms.
- Provides updates to website content.
- Assists in identifying and distributing Township promotional items/‘swag’.
- Other duties as assigned.
Museum Coordinator Component (In cooperation with the Portland & District Heritage Society)
- Assist in the planning and presentation of student, senior and community programs/workshops, as time permits;
- Assist in the establishment of static and temporary displays;
- Act as Museum Interpreter during operational hours, meeting the public, providing tours and historical information and tracking visitor data, in collaboration with the Museum docents;
- Assist Society volunteers in the accessioning, identification, cataloguing, labelling, displaying and possible disposal of donations and artifacts;
- Assist in keeping media platforms and the Museum website current and inviting;
- Provide regular reports and updates to the Society and the Recreation Supervisor as requested;
- Be creative and confident in suggesting programs and improvements to the Museum's operation.
This is a seasonal student position based on 40 hours a week. Applicants must have been a student in 2019 and be returning to school in the fall of 2019.
The successful candidate must be available evenings and weekends for event related activities.
- Post-secondary education
- Experience with communications, advertising, promotions, public relations or related discipline.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with public education and interacting with the public.
- Familiarity with graphic design, desktop publishing an asset.
- Bilingualism an asset.
- Valid class "G" driver's licence, insurance and vehicle to travel.
Skills and Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Township Operations
- Basic knowledge of the museum programs / events.
- Strong written and verbal skills for communicating effectively with diverse audiences in a clear, concise, professional manner.
- Must be well organized and able to respond to unexpected changes.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks and scheduled activities
Note: This position may be funded by the Government of Canada through the Young Canada Works in Heritage (YCW) grant program. It will have a later posting closing and start date as a result. The successful applicant will also be required to register on the government YCW website. Information and assistance will be provided.
The student application form and further information is available on the Township website at
Resumes and student application forms may be emailed in confidence to:
Sherry Corneil, Human Resources/Legislative Compliance Officer
Township of South Frontenac at email@example.com
You have viewed this listing 1 times.