St. Lawrence Parks CommissionWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
The "Parks of the St. Lawrence" has become one of the largest tourism destinations in Eastern Ontario, extending 200 kms from Kingston to near the Quebec border. Our facilities include thousands of hectares of park land and attractions on the St. Lawrence Heritage Corridor that provide a major source of recreational opportunities for residents and visitors to the Eastern Ontario Gateway to Ontario.
"Parks of the St. Lawrence" attractions include Upper Canada Village, Fort Henry, Queen Elizabeth Gardens, Crysler Park Marina, Upper Canada Golf Course, Upper Canada Migratory Bird Sanctuary, Long Sault Parkway and 1000 Islands Parkway, a series of 12 riverside day-use area parks and campgrounds, recreational trails and several restaurants and gift stores.
Job Listing #3068
Lead, Retail Sales and Service Representative • Seasonal / Saisonnier
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2019
Application Deadline: 25 Feb 2019
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Sales/Customer Service / Vente
Hours Per Week: 36.25
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $17.12 to $18.18
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
What can I expect to do in this role?
- contribute to the generation of admission revenue by collecting admission fees and up selling specialized products, programs, special events, food services and venue rentals offered at Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada
- welcome walk-in visitors by greeting, responding to inquiries and providing site and program information
- recommend alternatives or new initiatives to improve customer service
- be responsible for depositing and reporting all financials throughout the season
- be responsible for re stocking and merchandising all retail stores
- serve as a lead person over a team of retail and admissions students
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in cash handling, selling and promotion of admissions, programs, products, food services, leading team members, and venue rentals.
- Ability to learn information in a short period of time and impart it to the public.
- Ability and related experience to work within a team environment with minimal supervision and during peak periods with the sudden arrival of customers.
- Knowledge of tourism and its economic impact in the Greater Kingston and Eastern Ontario area.
CUSTOMER SERVICE, INTERPERSONAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Proven customer service skills to provide efficient and effective service to internal and external clients.
- Oral and written communication skills to provide information over the phone and in person.
- Interpersonal skills, integrity and tact to deal with inquiries and request information and/or assistance from staff members and external specialists.
- Ability to exercise initiative.
- Ability to operate a computerized registration/reservation system and retail point-of-sale system.
ORGANIZATIONAL, REASONING AND PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS:
- Ability to plan and coordinate activities to meet deadlines and respond to client problems and assist in the introduction of new projects/initiatives.
- Reasoning and problem-solving skills to prioritize tasks, estimate labour, time and material requirements for in-house and out-of-house production, and to determine correct equipment and methods needed to plan, prepare and complete projects within established time frames and budget.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please apply online, https://careers.parks.on.ca
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed above. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- Every external candidate must identify his or her prior employment in the Ontario Public Service including positions, dates of employment and any re-employment restrictions.
Additional Requirements: Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
You have viewed this listing 1 times.