Registered Practical Nurse - Part Time Permanant Days - Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
St. Lawrence Place by ReveraWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Health Care / Soins de santé
Revera is a leading provider of seniors’ accommodation, care and services; built on a more than 50-year history of helping seniors live life to the fullest. We reward excellence and provide exciting opportunities to contribute, grow and advance, as outlined in our employee value proposition.
Job Listing #3342
Registered Practical Nurse - Part Time Permanant Days • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2019
Application Deadline: 12 Apr 2019
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Health Care / Soins de santé
Hours Per Week: 20
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 21.71-22.95
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Reporting to the Director of Health & Wellness, the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is responsible for providing planned, patient-oriented, goal-directed nursing care in accordance with the provincial standards of care.
- To work as a member of the inter-professional team as described by Revera’s Professional Practice Model applying the person centered approach to care;
- To complete and ensure resident’s clinical care assessments, care/service plans and documentation are accurate, up to date and changes communicated as required;
- To implement and evaluate the effectiveness of the care/service plans and make changes as required;
- To assist with scheduling of resident’s care conferences and participate in conferences where applicable;
- To work closely with the Director of Health & Wellness to facilitate resident’s move in, move out and transfers;
- To provide direct resident care and medication/ treatment administration and document care in compliance with regulatory and Revera Resident Care standards and policies and procedures;
- To process the orders and safe keep drugs and narcotics and administer in compliance with all regulatory requirements, scope of practice and Revera policies and procedures;
- To facilitate and provide resident/family education;
- To plan, coordinate, manage & evaluate the resident’s care plan working with the resident/substitute decision maker, physicians, nursing & interdisciplinary team and contracted service providers;
- To coordinate nursing team’s resident care assignments to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services to residents;
- To respond to and manage significant changes in resident’s condition and or medical emergencies; provide emergency first aid;
- To teach, delegate to, and direct unregulated care providers;
- To coordinate emergency response in the absence of Director of Health & Wellness/ Executive Director;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken and or concern communicated to Director of Health & Wellness/ Executive Director and other departments;
- To follow and assist the Director of Health & Wellness in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Infection Prevention and Control , Health and Safety and Clinical Programs and Quality/Safety Plans for the Nursing Department;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario;
- Experience working in a senior’s environment and with unregulated care providers preferred;
- Education and experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, community/complex/long term care an asset;
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills;
- Must have demonstrated sound clinical knowledge;
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required;
- Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft office applications.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Benefits package includes parking, meals and access to 24 hour health support
Additional Requirements: Applicable Provincial Certification, Vulnerable Sector Search, TB Test, Flu Vaccination
You have viewed this listing 1 times.