Country Roads Community Health CentreWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Health Care / Soins de santé
Community Health Centre
Job Listing #3347
Youth Activity Worker • Student, Internship, Co-Op / Etudiant, Stage Cooperative
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2019
Application Deadline: 22 Mar 2019
Location: Leeds and Grenville
Category: Health Care / Soins de santé
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire To be determined
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Job Location: Portland, ON
The Youth Activity Worker will assist in the delivery of the summer program for children, youth and families within the North Leeds area. The job entails working with youth volunteers. The program provides meaningful activities for children and youth in a safe environment. Contract is for 10 weeks 35 hours per week. Start date June 2019. Position is dependent on funding.
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of summer children and youth activities.
- Assist in supervising program volunteers.
- Co-facilitate leader training for volunteer youth leaders.
- Using various marketing strategies, ensure that the program is highly visible.
- Preserve confidentiality and seek to minimize risk.
- Behave in a manner that reflects a role model for youth.
- Assist with activities to address healthy lifestyle choices.
- Secondary School graduation diploma and some post–secondary education in a related field.
- Must be a full time student returning to school full time.
- Food Handling Certification Course an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with youth.
- Dependable, mature and interested in the program.
- Police Check required.
- Access to vehicle is a must.
CRCHC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please apply by March 22, 2019
How to Apply: Please apply by emailing resume to Marci Bruyere, Coordinator of Health Promotion and Community Development, email@example.com
Country Roads Community Health Centre
4319 Cove Road, Portland ON K0G 1V0 613-272-2799
This position is funded by Service Canada.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.