Industry Sector: Health Care / Soins de santé
Providence Care is southeastern Ontario’s leading provider of specialized mental health care, physical medicine and rehabilitation, specialized geriatric services, complex continuing care, palliative care and longterm care. With more than 1,600 staff and 240 physicians, residents and clerks, Providence Care is committed to high quality care. Providence Care is a not-for-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and sponsored by the Catholic Health Corporation of Ontario. Providence Care is a major teaching and research centre for Queen’s University, and is an educational partner to St. Lawrence College and other post-secondary institutions.
Providence Care Hospital, our new state of the art hospital, opened in April 2017. Our hospital is the first publicly-funded hospital in North America to fully integrate long-term mental health and psychiatry programs with physical rehabilitation, palliative care and complex care. The entire hospital has been designed to be welcoming and inclusive of all people, no matter what age, ability or needs.
Providence Care Hospital brings to life the concept of patient-and-family centred care, where everyone works in collaboration to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each person.
Job Listing #478
Cook • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2018
Application Deadline: 25 Feb 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Health Care / Soins de santé
Hours Per Week: Up to 24 hours per week
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Commensurate with experience
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Reporting to the assigned department Manager, the Cook assists in meal preparation for delivery of meal, cafeteria, and catering food services and performs inventory control functions of the department. The Cook is responsible for preparing food items and managing related food inventories based on rotational meal cycle and quantity, portion control and recipe standards. The Cook performs the duties in accordance with organizational and department policies and procedures, standards set out by the Public Health Act, the Canadian Restaurant and Food Service Association’s Sanitation Code of Practise and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) food safety protocols and WHIMIS and Occupational Health and Safety standards.
Education & Experience:
- Valid Inter-Provincial Red Seal Cook's Certificate, and/or a Journeyman Chef’s Certificate; an equivalent combination of recognized related training and work experience in a similar role in an institutional food service environment may be considered
- Valid Certificate in Food Safety Code of Practice with the Canadian Restaurant and Food Services Association (CRFA)
- Minimum two years recent experience working as a cook, preferably in a hospital setting
- Previous institutional experience is an asset
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Aptitude to perform basic data entry and report generation from a computerized food and nutrition system
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, quickly and efficiently, manage a full workload and meet deadlines in a production style environment.
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills and ability to problem solve issues that may arise in carrying out the duties of this position.
- Demonstrated writing skills to complete work documents in English, such production logs and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to follow written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrated skills reading English work documents such as WHMIS labels, Material Safety Data Sheets, Production Sheets, HACCP temperature sheets and food recipes
- Demonstrated good physical condition to meet the physical demands of the position
- Demonstrated ability to maintain client/patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrated client-centred attitude and behaviours.
- Demonstrated oral communication and interpersonal skills to receive and convey information to staff, students, clients and visitors effectively.
- Demonstrated professional and positive work attitude and behaviours in carrying out responsibilities of this position.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team member.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with minimal supervision with proven reliability, trustworthiness.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality standards.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to health and safety policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Proven willingness to learn and acquire new information and skills
- Demonstrated ability to attend work regularly
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check & Vulnerable Sector Screen for external candidates if hired; must be an original copy, current within last six months
- Bilingual in French and English language, preferred
You have viewed this listing 1 times.