Industry Sector: Health Care / Soins de santé
Providence Care is southeastern Ontario’s leading provider of specialized mental health care, physical medicine and rehabilitation, specialized geriatric services, complex continuing care, palliative care and longterm care. With more than 1,600 staff and 240 physicians, residents and clerks, Providence Care is committed to high quality care. Providence Care is a not-for-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and sponsored by the Catholic Health Corporation of Ontario. Providence Care is a major teaching and research centre for Queen’s University, and is an educational partner to St. Lawrence College and other post-secondary institutions.
Providence Care Hospital, our new state of the art hospital, opened in April 2017. Our hospital is the first publicly-funded hospital in North America to fully integrate long-term mental health and psychiatry programs with physical rehabilitation, palliative care and complex care. The entire hospital has been designed to be welcoming and inclusive of all people, no matter what age, ability or needs.
Providence Care Hospital brings to life the concept of patient-and-family centred care, where everyone works in collaboration to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each person.
Job Listing #481
Unit Aide • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2018
Application Deadline: 25 Feb 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Health Care / Soins de santé
Hours Per Week: Up to 24 hours per week
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Commensurate with experience
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The Unit Aide assists and supports patients/clients in meeting their behavioral, emotional, spiritual and physical needs. As a member of the inter-professional team, the Unit Aide provides assistance with activities of daily living to patients/clients and assists the inter-professional health care members of the team in providing a safe and well-maintained environment for patients/clients, staff and visitors.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of a Personal Support Worker Diploma/Certificate Program from an accredited educational institution, at minimum
- Registration with the Registry of Personal Support Workers, preferred
- One year experience in a hospital/healthcare setting in a patient/client care support position, preferred
- Experience working with geriatric, palliative and rehabilitation population, preferred
- UFIRST / PIECES/ GPA Training, preferred
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of body mechanics and safe lift and transfer policies and practices
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and follow written instructions and complete routine reports
- Knowledge of established Infection Control and Occupational Health & Safety practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospital policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of an inter-professional team
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Products, including basic keyboarding, data entry and use of Outlook, preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values, Ethics and strategic directions of Providence Care
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing process improvement and delivering outstanding quality and results
- Demonstrated positive approach and resilience toward innovation and change, and ability to quickly adapt to evolving workplace standards of practice
- Demonstrated understanding and alignment to, expectations and deliverables of the organizational, department and team goals; effective stewardship of resources
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently with proven reliability and trustworthiness
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work effectively, manage a full work-load and meet deadlines in a busy environment with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills and ability to problem solve issues that may arise in carrying out the duties of this position
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team member through collaboration, respect and effective communication
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to health and safety policies, procedures and applicable legislation, promoting a physically and psychologically safe environment for everyone
- Demonstrated good physical condition to meet the physical demands of the position and attend work on a regular basis
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check & Vulnerable Sector Screen for external candidates if hired; must be an original copy, current within last six months
- Bilingual in French and English language, preferred
Please send your updated resume and cover letter in one document, quoting file number “Unit Aide- KEYS” in the subject line to: email@example.com. Contact Human Resources for a complete list of duties, responsibilities or inquiries. We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices – Please notify Human Resources if you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process or require recruitment documents in French.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.