Mentoring Coordinator - Full Time / À Temps Plein
You must be logged in to save job listings. To continue, please login here.
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Every Child in Canada Who Needs a Mentor, Has a Mentor
We commit to Canada's young people that we will be leaders in providing them with the highest quality, volunteer based mentoring program.
Job Listing #551
Mentoring Coordinator • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2018
Application Deadline: 21 Feb 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $15
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Big Brothers Big Sisters is currently seeking the following position:
In the role of Mentoring Coordinator, you will provide casework management in accordance with the National Standards set out by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada. S/he will be responsible for matching volunteer mentors with children and youth, and to monitor those matches to ensure the healthy development of the relationships.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- education in a related field (e.g. education, social or human services, child and youth work, family studies etc.), or equivalent education
- 2-3 years experience in a child related field
- criminal Reference Check (CPIC) with Vulnerable Sector
- effective oral and written communication skills
- strong problem solving skills
- ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- sound computer skills
- ability to work flexible hours
- access to a vehicle
- accept and document application of potential volunteers and clients (including parent, guardian, child, youth, etc.)
- manage intake of children and volunteers including orientation, interviewing, screening, references etc.
- conduct the Pre-Match Training program with Mentors, Mentees and parents/guardians
- maintain case notes on all cases in accordance with the National Standards
- perform administrative functions as required to manage caseload
- participate on committees as required
- liaise with schools, other youth service agencies, other community groups, clubs or the public in general as required
- assist with recreation events as required
Please submit resume prior to 4:00 p.m. on February 21, 2018
**Please note only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. We will be interviewing as we receive successful candidates**
Qualifications: Additional Requirements:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.