Maintenance Student - Student, Internship, Co-Op / Etudiant, Stage Cooperative
You must be logged in to apply for job listings. To continue, please login here.
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
On behalf of the people of Canada, we protect and present nationally significant examples of Canada's natural and cultural heritage, and foster public understanding, appreciation and enjoyment in ways that ensure the ecological and commemorative integrity of these places for present and future generations.
Au nom de la population canadienne, nous protégeons et mettons en valeur des exemples représentatifs du patrimoine naturel et culturel du Canada, et en favorisons chez le public la connaissance, l'appréciation et la jouissance, de manière à en assurer l'intégrité écologique et commémorative pour les générations d'aujourd'hui et de demain.
Job Listing #581
Maintenance Student • Student, Internship, Co-Op / Etudiant, Stage Cooperative
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2018
Application Deadline: 05 Mar 2018
Location: Leeds and Grenville
Category: General Labour/Trades / Manœuvres et gens de métiers
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire variable
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
- Create and facilitate memorable visitor experiences.
- Assisting with maintenance, grass cutting, weed trimming, cleaning washrooms, site clean up, garbage control and recycling
- Assisting with painting projects, plaque renewal and site vehicle maintenance
- Assist in the up keep of the site gardens, pathways and parking lot
- Participate in the delivery of special events.
- Assisting site visitors when required
- Notify Site supervisors of any vandalism, maintenance or public concerns
- Required to wear a Parks Canada uniform.
PREFFERED SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work with the public.
- Knowledge of painting / cleaning methods.
- Knowledge and ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Experience in operating lawn equipment, especially gas powered trimmers.
- Heavy lifting / working with ladders and at heights
- The position can be physically demanding and will require working in all weather conditions
Additional Requirements: Must be planning to attend or returning to full-time post-secondary studies in the fall of 2018
You have viewed this listing 1 times.