Oxford SeminarsWebsite IconFacebook IconTwitter IconLinkedIn Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Established in 1992, Oxford Seminars is the leading provider of teacher training certification courses all across Canada and the US. Join the 5,000 graduates who get TESOL/TESL certified with Oxford Seminars each year and begin your exciting adventure teaching English abroad.
With courses from Halifax to Victoria and many more in between, Oxford Seminars is also the leading provider of LSAT, GMAT, MCAT and GRE test preparation courses all across Canada. Since 1992, we have been providing the most comprehensive LSAT, GMAT, MCAT and GRE test preparation courses available for students' valuable time and money.
Job Listing #603
Course Advisor (Part Time) • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2018
Application Deadline: 06 Mar 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Customer Service / Service à la clientèle
Hours Per Week: 20.0-30.0
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire TBD
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Visit http://www.oxfordseminars.ca/careers/cap.php for more details.
Oxford Seminars is looking for part-time Course Advisors to join the Customer Service team in our Kingston head office, a short walk from Queen’s campus. As a Course Advisor some of your responsibilities include enrolling students in our Canadian and U.S. courses, effectively communicating information related to registration, payment, curriculum, etc., as well as responding courteously and professionally to student inquiries.
We offer a professional and dynamic working environment with flexible scheduling available throughout the week, including evenings and weekends. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8:30am - 11:00pm as well as Saturday and Sunday 8:30am - 6:00pm. This may be ideal for students interested in employment extending beyond the school year / summer.
- Respond to inbound student inquiries, primarily over the phone, by email and social media
- Register students in our courses as well as create and enter student details in the database
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of information, continuously improve your knowledge of courses, products & services while respecting confidentiality
- Follow up with students concerning course updates, changes, etc.
- Apply continuous improvement methodology by regularly providing feedback and suggestions for creatively nurturing the growth, integrity and reputation of our brand
- Conduct online research and perform other duties as assigned
- Post secondary degree, or presently enrolled in university
- A minimum of 1 year customer service work experience in a sales, service, marketing or business industry
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships in a positive manner
- Listen effectively and provide clear, concise information
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize and problem solve effectively
- Accuracy, attention to detail and strong decision making skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently and responsibly with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- 15+ month commitment preferred; ideal for students seeking employment extending beyond the school year / summer;
- Knowledge, understanding or experience with LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, GRE tests, TESOL / TESL / TEFL teacher training certification or the private education industry considered a valuable asset
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate “KEYS CAP” in the subject line. Visit www.oxfordseminars.ca/careers/cap.php for details.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualifications: Additional Requirements:
You have viewed this listing 2 times.