Downtown Kingston! Website IconFacebook IconTwitter Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
The Downtown Kingston! Business Improvement Area (BIA) is an association of more than 700 businesses and property owners located in the core commercial area of the City of Kingston. The association promotes Downtown Kingston! as the vibrant and healthy commercial, retail, residential, and entertainment centre of our region, attracting more people to live, shop, work and gather.
Job Listing #657
Marketing & Events Assistant (Summer Student) • Student, Internship, Co-Op / Etudiant, Stage Cooperative
Date Posted: 21 Feb 2018
Application Deadline: 23 Mar 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $14.00
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Reporting to the Projects Manager(s) – Marketing, and working with direction and support from the Projects Manager – Member Services, the Marketing and Events Assistant will be responsible for assisting in many aspects of Downtown Kingston!’s summer events and marketing programs. This position will involve assistance with planning, coordination and delivery of the 2018 Princess Street Promenade, #DK! ShopFest and other Downtown Kingston! events and programs in a fast paced, dead-line driven, team environment. Additional Downtown Kingston! events and programs that the successful candidate will assist with include Canada Day, Movies in the Square, the Kingston Buskers Rendezvous, 1000 Islands Poker Run and the Limestone City Blues Festival. The Marketing and Events Assistant will be expected and regularly required to conduct activities outside the office and outside regular business hours.
- Work with DK! staff on the planning and execution of summer retail and community events
- Information dissemination to businesses, event participants and the public
- Solicit member business participation in Downtown Kingston! events, sponsorships & programs
- Industry research as assigned
- Website/ database updating
- Coordination of event/promotions surveys and feedback
- Preparation for fall campaigns
- Public Relations
- Other event logistics/ tasks as assigned
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A university/college student with plans to re-enroll in Fall 2018 (Marketing/Events/Communications preferred)
- Required to obtain and maintain satisfactory CPIC (Criminal Record Check) at own expense
- Demonstrated experience in sales, service and/or hospitality environment, public relations/marketing or related field
- Experience working with volunteers/the public and ability to use tact and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational, customer service, and communication skills
- Applicants must meet the physical requirements of the job which include but are not limited to, standing for prolonged periods or time, lifting, pushing and pulling a weight of 40 lbs and working outdoors in both cold and extreme heat.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, including evenings and weekends as needed
$14.00 per hour, 40 hours per week - May (start date flexible) – September 1, 2018 - generally weekdays, some weekends, some evenings
Please email your resume and cover letter which clearly states how your experience relates to the skills required for the position on or before 4:00pm Friday, March 23, 2018:
HR Manager, Downtown Kingston! BIA
353 King St. E Suite, 200, Kingston, ON K7L 3B5
We thank all those who apply, only those being interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Qualifications: Additional Requirements:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.