Camp Director - Student, Internship, Co-Op / Etudiant, Stage Cooperative
You must be logged in to save job listings. To continue, please login here.
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
STEM CampWebsite IconFacebook Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
STEM Camp is a Canadian not for profit organization, operating 80 summer camps across Ontario and Quebec in 2018.
Job Listing #682
Camp Director • Student, Internship, Co-Op / Etudiant, Stage Cooperative
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2018
Application Deadline: 29 Mar 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 42.5
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $14.00
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Camp Director (1 position available):
The Camp Director is responsible for the successful operation of their STEM Camp location. Each Camp Director reports directly to the Program Coordinator at Head Office under the direct supervision of the Community Relations Director and the Management Team. Their responsibilities include:
- Attending the mandatory training day for all Camp Directors
- Training and scheduling the staff at their location
- Direct supervision of the Education Coordinator and Camp Counsellors
- Adhering to the STEM Camp “Policy for the Protection of Children”
- Ensuring a smooth pick-up & drop-off process at the start and end of each day
- Communicating with parents, either in person at the camp, by phone, text, or e-mail, whenever a parent seeks assistance or information about the camp or her/his child
- Adhering to the Activity Schedule and the Training Manual
- Purchasing extra supplies (when approved by Management Team or Head Office Designate)
- Carrying out any duties assigned by the Program Coordinator or any other member of the Management Team (CEO, Executive Director, Community Relations Director)
- Submitting to Head Office (in cooperation with the Education Coordinator), daily pictures and videos of activities at STEM Camp (within the confines of privacy laws) featuring…
- Educational purpose of the activity
- Labs/places visited (if any)
- Guest presentation synopsis (if any)
- How the activity relates to possible future careers
- Organizing and conducting the STEM Fair
- Managing the Counsellor-in-Training (CIT) leadership program
- Leading activities with children of all ages when necessary
- Completing Health and Safety Training (non-paid)
- Performing duties as a Camp Counsellor in an emergency situation should one of the regular Camp Counsellors take ill or be granted time off
- Submit weekly hours for staff to the Program Coordinator for payroll
The successful applicant will demonstrate a dynamic and interesting personality and possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills. This position provides an opportunity to enhance leadership skills and build out the educational, problem solving, creative and technology sections of your personal resume.
Follow the link below to apply !
Qualifications: Additional Requirements:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.