YMCA of Kingston
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
The YMCA is a charity that has been helping Canadians improve their lives since the first Y opened in Montreal in 1851. YMCA programs are offered at more than 1,700 locations across Canada and help people become healthier in spirit, mind and body.
Job Listing #746
Summer Day Camp Site Facilitator • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2018
Application Deadline: 25 Mar 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Sports and Recreation / Sports et loisirs
Hours Per Week: TBD
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $14.85
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Employment Category: Term Contract
Hours: Must be available for shifts between 6am – 6pm, Monday to Friday, and on weekends, during June, for staff training.
Placement Date: Mid-June 2018 to August 31st, 2018
The YMCA of Kingston is a charity dedicated to the building of stronger kids, stronger families, and a stronger community by providing opportunities for all to grow in spirit, mind and body.
The Core Values:
Caring about the health and wellness of our community
Honesty to the community we serve about our values, mission and vision
Respect all members of the community regardless of age, race, gender, religion, ability or economic circumstance
Responsibility to provide effective leadership and resources to benefit our community
Nature and Scope:
The incumbent will ensure that counsellors are guiding children in their physical, social, mental, and emotional development in accordance with the philosophy of the YMCA of Kingston.
- Enthusiastic, fun, great personality
- Providing constant care and supervision of all campers, ensuring a safe and fun camp program, including participation in daily swims
- Planning the day camp program
- Acting in a manner that is in accordance with the YMCA mission statement
- Conducting all principal requirements of the position, as detailed in the Summer Day Camp Site Supervisor job description
- Maintaining a positive profile and relationships within the community
- Developing new camp programs
- Being responsible for the ongoing operation and management of the program sites
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a camp counsellor, or related experience working
- “Clear” Criminal Reference Check (CPIC) including Vulnerable Sector Check completed not more than 120 days prior to interview, performed by the Kingston City Police
- Minimum of 1 year experience at a YMCA Day Camp Program
- Active participation in all situations including field trips, swimming, and meal times
- Experience in planning and delivering recreational, sport, and outdoor education programs
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- NLS or Bronze Cross an asset
- A high level of maturity and strong sense of responsibility
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Stress of multiple demands
Please apply, in writing, with an employment application form, resume and cover letter, by Sunday March 25th, 2018.
Supervisor, Day Camps and Youth Recreation
YMCA of Kingston
100 Wright Crescent
Tel: 613 546 2647 X245
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Kingston. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Kingston is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. The YMCA of Kingston values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
This position has been posted both internally & externally.
Qualifications: Additional Requirements:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.