Southern Frontenac Community Services CorporationWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Southern Frontenac Community Services Corporation (SFCSC) is a charitable organization that enhances the quality of life in rural South Frontenac by providing a variety of programs supporting seniors and their caregivers. SFCSC seniors' services include: Adult Day Program, Hot meals on Wheels, Diners' Club congregate meals, Home Help, Respite Care, and Senior's Social and Recreational programming. SFCSC also hosts the community's Food Bank serving families in need, and Housing and Homelessness Services for residents who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Job Listing #772
Rural Housing Liaison Worker • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2018
Application Deadline: 21 Mar 2018
Location: Frontenac County
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 20.08
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Rural Housing Liaison Worker
This is a full time (35 hours weekly), six month contract position. The Worker will respond to the needs to research and find greater and more affordable housing for rural individuals and families in North, Central and South Frontenac Townships by creating an inventory of landlords, available rental properties and home-sharing options. The incumbent will work from the SFCSC office located in Sydenham, ON.
The incumbent will:
- Work with SFCSC’s Homelessness Prevention Workers to identify areas where housing needs are greatest.
- Provide outreach to rural landlords to explain and promote the Homelessness prevention programs and the need for affordable housing to meet the needs of low-income, rural families.
- Find, secure and maintain a roster of private sector and non-profit landlords and create a database of properties that may be of benefit to households facing housing crises.
- Building on ideas generated at the 2016 & 2017 Rural Summits on Poverty and Housing, promote shared housing.
- Promote and maintain on-going positive landlord relations.
- Provide regular reporting and communications
To receive a more detailed job description, please go to www.sfcsc.ca/career-opportunities.
- Strong ability to plan and achieve goals of the project
- Sound knowledge of real estate and property rental mechanisms.
- Sound knowledge of rural homelessness issues.
- Knowledge of Frontenac County a requirement.
- Valid G driver’s licence and reliable vehicle.
- Current police records check required.
Resumes with cover letter should be submitted to SFCSC, Attn: David Townsend, Box 43, Sydenham, K0H 2T0 by March 21, 2018 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Rural Housing Liaison Worker in the subject line. We thank all applicants however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.