Kingston Frontenac Public LibraryWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Job Listing #812
Maintenance Assistant - Temporary, Part-Time • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2018
Application Deadline: 03 Apr 2018
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: General Labour/Trades / Manœuvres et gens de métiers
Hours Per Week: 20
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $20.46 - $22.43 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay and 14% in lieu of benefits)
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The Kingston Frontenac Public Library has an opening for the position of Maintenance Assistant – temporary, part-time, unionized (April 2018 – August 16, 2018). The hours of work for this position are: Monday to Thursday 5-10 PM. There may also be opportunities to work on a casual, call-in basis.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor who schedules and assigns work under the management of the Facilities Manager:
- Cleans, maintains and makes minor repairs to the buildings, furniture, and other equipment including painting and minor carpentry. Cleans washrooms and replenishes supplies.
- Performs grounds maintenance, including lawn care and snow removal.
- Performs routine maintenance of library buildings and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance on building, furniture, and other equipment. Monitors operations and when problems arise, follows procedures manual.
- Performs all duties in conformity with all applicable Health and Safety regulations.
- Prepares garbage for collection and recyclables for pickup.
- Sets up rooms for meetings.
- Performs routine delivery services and processes and routes incoming parcels.
- Opens, closes and secures buildings.
- Responds to emergency situations as laid down in the procedures manual.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Grade 12 education with training useful in maintenance work.
- Up to one year of relevant experience.
- Must have valid Class G driver’s license in good standing, and a safe driving record.
- Good public relation skills, oral and written communication skills, patience and tact.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including the ability to lift moderately heavy loads on a daily basis.
- Shift work, evenings, and Saturdays may be required. Sunday shifts as per the collective agreement
Wages: $20.46 - $22.43 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay and 14% in lieu of benefits)
Please submit a resume and cover letter before 4:30 PM, Tuesday, April 3, 2018 to:
Amy Rundle, Administrative Assistant
Kingston Frontenac Public Library
18 St. Remy Place, Kingston ON K7K 6C4 (by mail only to this address)
Pursuant to AODA requirements, accommodations for disabilities are available to job applicants who are invited to participate in an interview and who request individual accommodation during the recruitment process.
The successful candidate, to whom an employment offer has been made, shall be required to provide a current CRC (Criminal Record Check) at his or her own expense as a condition of employment.
Thank you for your interest in the Kingston Frontenac Public Library. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. Visit us at www.kfpl.ca
Qualifications: Additional Requirements:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.