Who We Are
Founded in 1983, KEYS has provided Kingston and communities in Eastern Ontario with a variety of dynamic employment programs and services. Our expertise in helping individuals to attain their employment goals extends to a diverse population; including: mature workers, persons with disabilities, youth, students and newcomers to Canada.
Whether our clients need support to identify a career; to learn job search techniques; to build an effective resume and cover letter; to practice interview skills or to access training funding to increase their marketability, KEYS is the Community Employment Centre.
As a not-for-profit organization with a strong focus on service to others, we are committed to supporting members of our community through compassionate action and mutual respect.
We envision an economically and socially vibrant community in which all individuals can realize their full potential.
Building community through innovative employment services.
- RESPECT – We demonstrate fairness, consistency and compassion in our interactions with others.
- ACCESSIBILITY – We are committed to providing services that are accessible to all.
- DIVERSITY – We value the diversity of individual and cultural differences that enrich our community.
- POTENTIAL – We encourage and nurture the positive potential which all people possess.
- CHANGE – We serve to encourage the positive change of which all people are capable.
- RESPONSIVENESS – We are flexible, responsive, and continually adapting to changes, emerging needs and opportunities.
- FREEDOM OF CHOICE – Our clients are free to enter into or withdraw from service at any time.
- TRUST – We are reliable, dependable and accountable for our actions.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – We demonstrate our accountability to our clients, community, funding sources and each other, by measuring results and being fiscally responsible.
- EXCELLENCE – We are committed to professional growth, service excellence and the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- LEADERSHIP – We foster wise leadership at all levels and we use our expertise to influence positive social and economic change.
- INNOVATION – We strive for continuous self development, improvement and innovation in our work. We seek new, innovative, and creative opportunities to be a leading-edge organization.
KEYS is part of a larger employment community and is a member of the following associations.
- First Work
- The Ontario Network of Employment Skills Training Projects (ONESTEP)
- Ontario Business Education Partnership (OBEP)
- Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI)
- The Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce
- 1000 Islands Gananoque Chamber of Commerce
- Westport and Rideau Lakes Chamber of Commerce
- Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers (CACEE)
- Kingston Immigration Partnership
- Leeds & Grenville Immigration Partnership
- Francophone Immigration Support Network of East Ontario