- Intercultural Workplaces
Newcomers Empowering Business - Your Gateway to New Talent
Are you an Employer struggling to find talented and engaged employees?
Are you having a tough time filling your labour needs?
Are you looking for a market advantage?
Recent research shows that Kingston employers are increasingly concerned about their ability to access reliable, experienced labour. With a demonstrated relationship between workplace diversity and profitability, as well as improving innovation, decision-making, and customer relations, diversifying your workforce can give you the advantage you need in this changing economic climate.
The Newcomers Empowering Business program provides an opportunity for talented newcomers to share their professional skills and experience with regional employers, to help you build more robust, successful, interculturally intelligent businesses and organizations. Not only do you have the opportunity to gain a competitive advantage in your industry, but also to lead our community towards a more vibrant, inclusive, and prosperous Kingston.
This opportunity is available through two initiatives:
INTERCULTURAL INTELLIGENCE TOOLKIT
Based on evidence-based practices and newcomer experiences, this toolkit is customized to your needs and delivered by an intercultural newcomer team, supported by KEYS staff.
Take our Workplace Intercultural Inclusion self-assessment to better understand your strengths and opportunities for growth, or contact our team directly to access tools and support, including:
- Recruitment methods to attract diverse talent and minimize bias,
- Intercultural onboarding and retention strategies,
- One-to-one coaching for building intercultural policies and practices,
- Customized workshops and training for:
- Understanding the benefits of workplace diversity
- Newcomer recruitment strategies
- Employee retention in intercultural workplaces
- Intercultural awareness/team building
- Intercultural communication and conflict resolution
- Countering implicit bias
Do you have a business challenge that could use a fresh perspective?
Do you want the to experience and learn from international talent first hand?
Contact us to be partnered with an industry-experienced Newcomer consultant.
- Receive a fresh perspective on a persistent problem
- Expand your talent network
- Gain industry advantage through international perspectives
Post your job on KEYS Job Board
Free on-line job posting services
Our KEYS website attracts over 2,000 unique visits daily
Book an Appointment
Knowledgeable Employer Services Consultants (Job Developers) are on-hand to give your business the individual attention you require.
Volunteer or Donate Today
KEYS are able to help many people in our community through the generosity of local businesses. Business professionals can help us in various ways including volunteering to be mentors. Find out how you can help.