KEYS is the largest provider of comprehensive employment services in Kingston and its surrounding region. While our initial goal was to help those seeking employment, KEYS is now the largest provider of services to Newcomers in the region.
Founded in 1983, KEYS is a registered charity. We help change lives. With very few exceptions, our programs have no cost. KEYS helps job seekers of all ages and abilities, looking for a job or exploring career options; entrepreneurs with services designed to make it easier to pursue their business goals; employers by supporting their staffing, training, and retention needs; or newcomers to Canada requiring English training and settlement help.
We are committed to supporting members of our community through compassionate action and mutual respect.
In order to achieve our vision statement and goals it is vital to network and partner with others. We our proud of our strategic alliances with those in our community (local and global) who help us meet the needs of all we serve.
We also offer a variety of opportunities for local businesses and professionals to help other members of our community through volunteering. For those not able to give their time, we graciously accept financial donations to help us continue the work we do.
KEYS is part of a larger employment community and is a member of the following associations.
- 1000 Islands Gananoque Chamber of Commerce
- Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers (CACEE)
- Canadian Council for Refugees
- Canadian Association for Supported Employment (CASE)
- First Work
- Francophone Immigration Support Network of East Ontario
- The Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce
- Kingston Immigration Partnership
- Leeds & Grenville Immigration Partnership
- The Ontario Network of Employment Skills Training Projects (ONESTEP)
- Ontario Business Education Partnership (OBEP)
- Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI)
- Ontario Non-profit Network
- Westport and Rideau Lakes Chamber of Commerce
- Ontario Disability Employment Network (ODEN)
- Innovate Kingston
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The KEYS Board of Directors operates within a Policy Governance model based on the work of John Carver. This means the Board plays a leadership role, focusing on the big picture and visions for the future; rather than getting lost in the operational and administrative details of the present. The Board is responsible for directing and protecting the organization in the interests of the community. It encourages a diversity of viewpoints and clearly distinguishes board and staff roles.
Wendy Vuyk – President
Tarek Hussein – Vice-President
Pennie Carr-Harris – Secretary
Les Morley – Past-President
Christine Bellamy – Treasurer
Line Drapeau – Director
Matt LeMay – Director
Jon Oosterman – Director
Deanna Davies - Director
Featured Job / KEYS Job Board
Contract / Contrat
KEYS Employment & Newcomer Services (Career Advisor - Next Horizon for International Graduates/Students (Competition 545))
Kingston and Surrounding Area
Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 27.03
Book an appointment to see how KEYS services can help you.
Call or email at your leisure and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Kingston (Main Office):
Kingston (Newcomer Services):