Housekeeper at the Rosemount Inn - Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
KEYS Job Centre KingstonWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Job Listing #15258
Housekeeper at the Rosemount Inn • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2022
Application Deadline: 15 Jul 2022
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Restaurant/Hotel / Restaurant/Hôtel
Hours Per Week: 20-30
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $16
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The Rosemount Inn is a distinguished boutique hotel located in downtown Kingston. Our Inn is a heritage property that includes 11 ensuite guestrooms, a parlour, dining room, kitchen, gardens, and a 6-car parking area.
We are looking for an experienced and reliable Housekeeper to attend to our guestrooms, common areas and exterior grounds. The Candidate must be comfortable working in a historic home with numerous staircases, have excellent time management skills, and be able to work independently as well as part of a small team.
The Housekeeper may be required to assist with preparing and serving breakfast, so there is strong preference for Candidates with a passion for baking or cooking experience.
The Candidate must be:
- Able to work flexible hours, including early morning, holidays and weekends.
- Detail-oriented and organized, and able to multitask while working within timelines.
- Able to perform physical duties that includes walking, climbing stairs and ladders, bending, pulling and pushing. The Candidate should also be able to lift up to 40lbs without assistance.
- Passionate about promoting warm guest experiences. The Candidate is pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and concerns in a respectful and responsible manner.
- Fluent in English, comfortable with communicating over text messages and email, and able to perform basic operations on a computer and tablet.
- Able to adhere to a prescribed dress code, and communicate and conduct themselves in a respectful and professional manner with guests and fellow colleagues.
- Understanding and respectful of historic homes, and the care and compassion that they require.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Performing cleaning and maintenance activities in accordance with our standard procedures:
- Cleaning and servicing guest rooms and bathrooms
- Cleaning and servicing common areas (e.g. stairwells, corridors, powder room, gardens and driveway)
- Cleaning and servicing employee common areas and workstations (e.g. laundry room, storage areas, mechanical room, employee bathrooms, kitchen)
- Treating, sorting, washing, and folding laundry
- Replenishing guest amenities
- Ensuring the security of the property and the guestrooms, as well as the safety and privacy of guests and employees
- As needed, assisting with simple property maintenance (e.g. sorting recycling, putting out garbage, gardening, winter maintenance & shoveling)
- As needed, assisting with breakfast service. Passion and experience with baking and cooking will be a strong asset.
Job Type: Part-time hourly
Language: English (fluent)
Start Date: Immediate
Hotel or residential housekeeping experience is required.
* SmartServe certification will be an asset. *
*Cooking/baking experience will be an asset.*
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00 per hour
Please review the Health and Safety page on our website for what we are doing to keep staff and guests safe during COVID. All employees must wear masks during their shift and comply with our health and safety standards. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.