Nanny Angel NetworkWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Nanny Angel Network is a non-profit organization who provide free specialized childcare support to parents who are undergoing a cancer journey. We are looking for volunteers who can support these families in their communitites!
Job Listing #15259
Cancer Support - Childcare Volunteer (Volunteer) • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 22 Jun 2022
Application Deadline: 06 Jul 2022
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: 4
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 0
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
How you can help?
- Provide fun, educational, creative, and safe experiences for the children.
- Minimum six-month commitment to ensure support during the duration of a mom’s cancer treatment and recovery.
- Four (4) hours of childcare service per week to the same family
Make a Difference in a child's life, Become a Nanny Angel!
Imagine a world where every family with cancer receives the care needed for their children – so they have enough time to care for themselves. Now, also imagine a world where every child receives the support they need to cope with their parent’s illness or death.
The Nanny Angel Network (NAN) offers rewarding volunteer positions for skilled childcare providers who are looking to make a difference in the lives of families.
Nanny Angels provide free, specialized in-home relief childcare support for mothers who have been diagnosed with cancer, for those requiring palliative care and for families requiring additional relief during the bereavement period.
Nanny Angels lessen the impact of cancer on families, by engaging children in enjoyable, age-appropriate activities to help reduce any stress or anxiety they may be experiencing due to their mom’s illness or death.
By visiting weekly, building trust, and having fun, Nanny Angels help mothers gain the confidence and peace of mind to rest or attend appointments, knowing their children are cared for and supported by knowledgeable and compassionate volunteers.
Nanny Angels receive specialized training including children’s grief and bereavement and receive the support of NAN’s Child Life Specialist throughout their volunteering time.
Kindly note, the role is not that of a babysitter, housekeeper, or personal assistant – a Nanny Angel’s primary focus is engaging and supporting the children.
How to apply
- Individuals with one year of recent (within three years) paid or volunteer experience with children
- Must be able to engage children and adapt engagement approach based on age and ability.
- Experience supporting children requiring special learning accommodations (an asset).
- Be physically able to care for children, including standing, lifting, bending, and kneeling as required.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
There’s a family in your community waiting for their very own Nanny Angel!
Additional Requirements: Current First Aid/CPR-C
You have viewed this listing 1 times.