Queen's UniversityWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Queen’s University is the Canadian research intensive university with a transformative student learning experience. Here the employment experience is as diverse as it is interesting. We have opportunities in multiple areas of globally recognized research, faculty administration, engineering & construction, athletics & recreation, power generation, corporate shared services, and many more.
We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
Come work with us!
Job Listing #15277
Health Education Research Associate • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2022
Application Deadline: 10 Jul 2022
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire OVER 55,001
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The Office of Professional Development and Educational Scholarship (OPDES) offers a variety of academic services to meet the educational and research needs of the Queen's Health Sciences (QHS). Services include individual, departmental, faculty-wide and institutional consultations on all aspects of the educational process at the Faculty level; providing support and leadership with curriculum and course design and development; building and maintaining courses for online delivery; assessment strategies; program evaluation; research on teaching and learning; and accreditation.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the incumbent will manage a variety of health science education, research, training, and development projects, analyze data from a qualitative and quantitative perspective, prepare progress reports, and liaise with partners.
The schedule for this position may occasionally require the incumbent to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate meetings and events.
As a Health Education Research Associate, you will work in a fast-paced and collaborative team on local, national, and global education research projects with leaders in Canadian health education. You will work closely with research consultants and assistants, healthcare professionals, and researchers who are health education influencers in Queen’s Health Sciences and external organizations. Your knowledge of educational research methodologies will contribute to our team’s success in conducting rigorous research and program evaluations for issues that make a meaningful contribution to healthcare education. Visit our website to learn more about working at OPDES: https://healthsci.queensu.ca/opdes/about-us/join-our-team.
• Develop, design, and implement scholarly projects and curriculum in health sciences education in support of various projects and acts as liaison for partners.
• Investigate potential funding opportunities from local, national, and international agencies.
• Conduct interviews and focus groups with key informants, and experts to gather information required for project(s) assigned. Collect and analyse qualitative and quantitative data and interpret results for research partners.
• Develop interview protocols, surveys, and other research tools as required for the assigned project(s). If applicable ensure that ethics approval is provided and maintained for assigned studies.
• Prepare results for presentation. Provide computerization and statistical analysis of research data to research partners. Co-author or author reports and academic papers for various research partners.
• Prepare visual and verbal presentations, and participate in research meetings and conferences.
• Support budgeting and account administration, as required.
• Support departmental teaching development and research programs through consultations, facilitation, workshop development; implementation and evaluation for further improvements. Support the review and evaluation of curriculum innovations and internal and external accreditation processes as required.
• Work as part of a team and promote education and research; contribute to the enhancement of the profile of the Office; manage, develop, and implement communications initiatives for the various programs and opportunities offered. Develop resources including website content pertaining to OPDES.
• Mentor and provide direction to, Student Associates, work placement students, and others who require mentorship.
• Undertake other duties as delegated in support of the research and health sciences education projects.
• Respects diversity and promotes inclusion in the workplace.
• Project management, including liaising with faculty and staff in Queen’s Health Sciences and beyond.
• Proficiency in education research methods.
• Ability to create protocols and facilitate interviews and focus groups for a research project.
• Use judgement and personal initiative to adapt procedures, as required, that meet the needs of the projects and to research on a fairly independent basis.
• Organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills to choose best protocol or adapt procedures to meet changing needs.
• Computer skills to aid in the research, analysis, and presentation of data.
• Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with an ability to communicate tactfully and diplomatically with a focus on diversity and inclusivity.
• Ability to collate and analyse data and generate a coherent, concise report.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and make accommodations on an independent basis, while keeping within the guidelines and goals of the Office.
• Understanding of the Queen’s and QHS’s community including knowledge of university policies and procedures.
• Ability to work as part of team, and foster and support the creation of a positive, productive team environment.
• Ability to take initiative, work independently, and accommodate shifting priorities.
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
• Expected to work independently, be self-directed and prioritize work with minimal supervision; utilize judgement on when to involve the Health Education Research/Consultant on issues that require decisions while providing advice and/or recommendations or make decisions and take action independently.
• Make decisions regarding research approach. Adapt protocols and procedures as required. Assess progress and determine alternative methods. Develop novel approaches to questions.
• Allocate work to other researchers and students based on research activity schedule.
• Decide which data will be analyzed based on quality control procedures. Determine best method to present information and draft reports or articles.
• Make recommendations regarding the budget and ensure accurate administration of accounts.
• Determines or makes recommendations for content, format and delivery of web materials, workshops, and communication initiatives.
• Determine whether a particular procedure falls well within ethical guidelines.
APPLICANTS PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW:
• Master’s Degree with several years of research experience.
• Research experience at the post-secondary level.
• Academic background, practical and demonstrated experience in research methodologies, and program evaluation.
• Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.