Queen's UniversityWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Queen’s University is the Canadian research intensive university with a transformative student learning experience. Here the employment experience is as diverse as it is interesting. We have opportunities in multiple areas of globally recognized research, faculty administration, engineering & construction, athletics & recreation, power generation, corporate shared services, and many more.
We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
Come work with us!
Job Listing #16745
Student Resource Assistant • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2022
Application Deadline: 03 Oct 2022
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Clerical/Administrative / Administration/Travail de bureau
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire 35,001 TO 45,000
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Reporting to the Director, Financial Aid the Student Resource Assistant (Admission Awards) is responsible for assisting with the administration of the university's admission awards programs, including need-based bursaries and merit-based scholarships. Working within tight timelines, the incumbent executes complex queries and reports to facilitate decision making by the Student Awards Officer (Admission Awards). The incumbent will be responsible for compiling admission data required for award decisions, processing decisions into the PeopleSoft Student system, delivering student award communications in coordination with Undergraduate Admissions, and providing administrative support for award competitions, including validation of application accuracy and completeness.
The Student Resource Assistant (Admission Awards) will respond to general inquiries from prospective students, parents, high-school representatives, faculty, and staff. In addition, they will assist with reception services both in-person and telephone. The incumbent will act as a representative of the Office of the University Registrar (Student Awards) at recruitment events through various mediums, which includes event attendance, presentation support, and coordination of written communications.
This position acts as the first point of contact for inquiries on needs-based awards and/or programs for students. This position processes admission applications, award applications and applications for financial assistance. This position also performs accounting and bookkeeping duties including processing credit card transactions, deposits, expenses, and reconciliations.
The schedule for this position requires the incumbent to work evenings and weekends.
What you will do
- Acts as the first point of contact for inquiries on needs-based awards and/or programs for students.
- Application admission processes.
- Processes award applications.
- Processes applications for a variety of student financial assistance programs including need-based bursaries, tuition support plans, and other financial assistance.
- Performs data entry and general processing of financial assistance programs including data entry of signature sheets, processing of variety of documentation, and entering or adjusting data in government system portals.
- Performs accounting and bookkeeping duties including processing credit card transactions, deposits, expenses, and reconciliations.
- Coordinates student application record storage.
- Consolidates data from a variety of sources to assist with decision making.
- Coordinates student application record storage.
- Provides reception and general office support for the department.
- Other duties as required in support of the department and/or unit.
- Two-Year Community College Diploma.
- More than 2 years and up to and including 3 years of experience.
Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge and Requirements
- Practical and applied knowledge of methods and processes that is typically acquired through a combination of technical or academic qualification and/or work experience.
- Provide information to others that requires technical or administrative explanation or interpretation.
- Attempts to resolve a difficult or challenging interpersonal situation, or overcome resistance to gain cooperation, before referring to others.
- Manage own work effectively and follows through on commitments, using the available resources.
- May distribute, prioritize and help others access resources to deliver objectives on time and to support goal achievement.
- Resolve recurring problems and situations using established procedures and guidelines.
- Bring forward any obstacles or challenges to completing work in a timely manner so that deadlines can continue to be met.
- Break down concrete issues into parts and selects best solution from clear alternatives and past practices.
- Acknowledge and respect diverse cultural traditions and beliefs.
- Question attitudes, comments and behaviours which are discriminatory and seeks out appropriate resources to remove these from the workplace.
APPLICANTS PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.