Queen's UniversityWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Queen’s University is the Canadian research intensive university with a transformative student learning experience. Here the employment experience is as diverse as it is interesting. We have opportunities in multiple areas of globally recognized research, faculty administration, engineering & construction, athletics & recreation, power generation, corporate shared services, and many more.
We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
Come work with us!
Job Listing #16746
Online Exams Review Assistant • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2022
Application Deadline: 30 Sep 2022
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire 35,001 TO 45,000
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
A Brief Overview
Reporting to the Department Manager, the Online Exams Review Assistant is responsible for reviewing online exams for breaches of academic integrity within the Department of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences following University, Faculty and Departmental policies/guidelines. The incumbent recommends and participates in implementing changes regarding departmental procedures pertaining to the review process of flagged exams. This position is also responsible for the accurate and efficient organization and distribution of examination review data. The Online Exams Review Assistant may be responsible for assisting in the administration of special departmental projects and seeing that the assignments are carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Communicate with other staff regarding findings.
This position provides administrative support to the department. This position schedules meetings, prepares and distributes agendas, takes minutes, and diarizes follow-up as needed. This position performs data entry to create and/or maintain a variety of databases, and prepares and generates reports. This position also assists with planning and coordinating various events.
What you will do
- Performs general clerical activities including preparing correspondence, faxing/scanning, maintaining inventory, and ordering supplies.
- Schedules meetings, prepares and distributes agendas, takes minutes, and diarizes follow-up as needed.
- Perform data entry to create/maintain a variety of databases. Prepares and generates reports.
- Create and maintain filing/e-filling systems as required.
- Assists with planning and coordinating various events, and maintains a calendar for booking conference rooms and classrooms.
- Requests and maintains system for access to facilities.
- Coordinates registration of the various training sessions and maintains the registration log and/or training records.
- Other duties as required in support of the department and/or unit.
Applicants Please Follow The Link Below:
- Two-Year Community College Diploma.
- More than 1 year and up to and including 2 years of experience.
- Experience with providing administrative support considered an asset (e.g., document editing, proofing, formatting and production, data entry, scheduling/coordinating meetings and/or travel arrangements, receiving/relaying messages, etc.).
- Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge and Requirements
- Knowledge and insight of practical methods, techniques, and work processes that is typically acquired through a combination of technical training and/or work experience.
- Provide information that requires technical or administrative explanation or interpretation.
- Attempts to resolve a difficult or challenging interpersonal situation, or overcome resistance to gain cooperation, before referring to others.
- Manage own work effectively and follows through on commitments, using the available resources.
- May distribute work to deliver objectives on time and to the highest standard and help others access resources to support goal achievement.
- Resolve recurring problems and situations using established procedure and guidelines.
- Bring forward problems, obstacles or challenges to work completion in a timely manners so deadlines continue to be met.
- Break down concrete issues into parts and selects best solution from clear alternatives and past practices.
- Acknowledge and respect diverse cultural traditions and beliefs.
- Question attitudes, comments and behaviours which are discriminatory and seeks out appropriate resources to remove these from the workplace.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.