Employment Consultant - Contract / Contrat
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
The John Howard Society of Kingston and DistrictWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
The John Howard Society of Kingston & District is a non-profit organization committed to providing and developing a wide range of community-based services that address crime and its causes. We are dedicated to supporting the rehabilitation and re-integration efforts of those who have been in conflict with the law. Our organization has a strong history of helping people through the provision of prevention and intervention services, as well as advocacy and public education. We strive to offer programs that are evidence-based and responsive to our community needs thereby contributing to the development of a safe and healthy community for all.
Job Listing #17098
Employment Consultant • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2022
Application Deadline: 09 Dec 2022
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire 35,001 TO 45,000
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
ReStart is a program of the John Howard Society of Kingston and District. We provide a wide range of employment counselling services to help people prepare for, find and keep employment.
900 Montreal Street, Kingston, Ontario.
Contract 12 months Full/time
Starting at $44,761
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES:
- Conduct needs assessments, job readiness and service planning towards employment outcomes
- Provide targeted interventions to assist clients in developing effective job search/retention strategies.
- Maintain client files (electronic and paper) and performing all related data entry.
- Help clients overcome barriers to finding and retaining jobs
- Maintain awareness of local labour market trends and training/education opportunities
- Conduct initial intakes to determine service eligibility; explain and promote all Employment Ontario programs and services
- Assess client needs with respect to job readiness, work experience, capacity to carry out a job search, and to make decisions about careers
- Facilitate individual and group employment preparation workshops
- Foster business relationships for employment opportunities for clients
- Monitor client progress through regular contact with employers and service providers
- Participate in staff meetings, team days, and other activities that foster positive working conditions and enhancement to service to clients
- Provide temporary replacement and relief coverage, when required
- Liaise with various levels of government and external agencies
- A diploma in a related field or combination of education and relevant work experience
- Experience in employment counselling, case management
- Demonstrated understanding of the local labour market trends and challenges
- Experience working with individuals from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, databases and internet – experience with CAMs is an asset
The John Howard Society of Kingston & District is an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to providing an accessible workplace. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.