Queen's UniversityWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Queen’s University is the Canadian research intensive university with a transformative student learning experience. Here the employment experience is as diverse as it is interesting. We have opportunities in multiple areas of globally recognized research, faculty administration, engineering & construction, athletics & recreation, power generation, corporate shared services, and many more.
We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
Come work with us!
Job Listing #17112
Research Systems Help Desk Analyst and Trainer • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2022
Application Deadline: 14 Dec 2022
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Computer/IT / Ordinateur/Technologie de l'information
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire OVER 55,001
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Reporting to the Associate Director, Research Systems in the Vice-President Research (VPR) portfolio, the Research Systems Help Desk Analyst and Trainer is a client-oriented advisor responsible for providing Level 1 technical and procedural support and training to the research community for a suite of research service systems aligning with the operational mandate, customer service objectives and strategic objectives of the Portfolio. This exciting opportunity will support research from across campus and disciplines through frontline customer help with systems including the Tools for Research at Queen's (TRAQ) and related research administration enterprise systems, and the Research Discovery Network (RDN).
Acting as a first stop "expert navigator" for research systems managed by the VP portfolio, the position monitors the portfolio's contact and request channels for support and informational requests pertaining to research systems and the research environment; analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves Level 1 support or informational requests in a timely manner; and escalates requests that require further attention from other support staff or administrators in the portfolio. With excellent written and verbal communications skills, this position prepares, and runs training sessions and workshops related to Research Systems for the Queen's research community and research administrators and participates in stakeholder engagement activities including planning, meetings, and presentations. With a keen eye for process improvement, the analyst identifies potential common support queries as opportunities for improved documentation, improved workflow processes, client communications or targeted training. Taking the initiative to propose and implement solutions and work collaboratively with colleagues within the VPR and units supporting research at the university are essential aspects of the role. This position also supports the development and implementation of research systems by participating in focus groups, user acceptance testing and resource development, which can include writing and producing training videos, FAQs, and knowledge articles, and technical documents for both internal and external audiences.
This position analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves support requests related to learning technology, or escalates as needed. This position develops, revises, and/or delivers digital training. This position also researches and documents solutions, and updates materials.
What you will do
- Analyzes, diagnoses and resolves support requests related to learning technology, or escalates as needed.
- Analyzes and logs all events and queries to identify training needs.
- Develops and revises digital training media, in the form of written instructions, user manuals, video tutorials, and online learning modules.
- Develops and delivers training sessions, development workshops, and one-on-one training opportunities.
- Researches and documents solutions, and updates materials.
- Creates and updates new electronic forms.
- Other duties as required in support of the department and/or unit.
- Three-year Community College Diploma or Three-Year Bachelor Degree, or equivalent. In addition, requires trade certification, qualification, or on-going learning to remain ahead of changes in technology or emerging fields.
- in an information technology discipline is preferred.
- More than 2 years and up to and including 3 years of experience.
- Experience in client and/or customer experience functions considered an asset. and
- Experience with software and web technologies considered an asset (e.g., ServiceNow, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), other software packaging, etc.).
Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge and Requirements
- Practical and applied knowledge of specialized methods and processes that are typically acquired through a combination of technical or academic qualification and/or work experience.
- Provide consultation and advice on non-straightforward and/or complex issues.
- Interaction with others typically requires interpersonal skills and the ability to understand and influence.
- Adapt messages to meet the needs of the intended audience.
- Build relationships, trust and credibility.
- Manage own work and may train and review the work of casual employees, work study students and/or volunteers, to see commitments through to completion.
- Contribute to setting work priorities and direction, supporting the team in achieving goals and objectives.
- Participate in project team meetings and develop individual project plans.
- Lead procedural or technological change within a unit.
- Identify new problems and seek information and input to fully understand the cause of problems.
- Identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of work processes.
- Draw logical conclusions and provides opinions and recommendations.
- Research equity, diversity, accessibility and inclusion resources and best practices relevant to the job and unit operations in order to inform evidence-based planning.
- Commitment to principles of equity, diversity, accessibility, inclusion, Indigenization and human rights for equity deserving groups.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.