Queen's UniversityWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Queen’s University is the Canadian research intensive university with a transformative student learning experience. Here the employment experience is as diverse as it is interesting. We have opportunities in multiple areas of globally recognized research, faculty administration, engineering & construction, athletics & recreation, power generation, corporate shared services, and many more.
We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
Come work with us!
Job Listing #17387
Assistant Event Coordinator • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2023
Application Deadline: 05 Feb 2023
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Clerical/Administrative / Administration/Travail de bureau
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire 35,001 TO 45,000
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
A Brief Overview
The Housing and Ancillary Services team manages 4,940 student beds in 18 residence buildings, as well as off-campus rental apartment and housing properties, three dining halls, numerous retail food service locations on campus, the Donald Gordon Hotel and Conference Centre and Event Services. Residence buildings also provide temporary accommodations for the summer conference, events and tourism markets. Revenue and services from these units support vital student life programs and contribute to the University's learning environment.
The Assistant Event Coordinator will support the planning, coordination and execution of events on campus. The incumbent will liaise with a wide range of internal and external clients, including faculty, staff, students, donors, corporate guests, conference planners and high-profile campus guests. The role includes assisting with event management, coordination and monitoring of partner services on campus, assisting with the development of client proposals, distribution of information and the coordination of services provided by internal and external partners. The Assistant Coordinator will provide on-site oversight to ensure client satisfaction.
This position provides event planning support including logistics, creating floor plans, booking various services, including but not limited to: venue(s), catering services, furnishing, audio visual, decor, accommodation(s), and special needs arrangements.
This position coordinates processes to align event timelines and priorities. This position initiates contracts, accepts event deposits, adds account codes, and prepares work orders for casual event staff. This position supports marketing and communications tactics to promote events and activities, and acts as a contact for suppliers during events. This position also produces reports that assist staff in tracking revenue and expenses for individual events.
The schedule for this position requires the incumbent to work evenings and weekends.
What you will do
- Coordinates processes to align event timelines and priorities.
- Initiates contracts, accepts event deposits, adds account codes, and prepares work orders for casual event staff.
- Maintains client information in designated systems.
- Supports marketing and communications tactics to promote events and activities by producing invitations, and setting up event calendars and registration sites.
- Produces mailing and email lists and related reports.
- Acts as a contact for suppliers during events.
- Submits applications for events requiring licensing.
- Produces reports that assist staff in tracking revenue and expenses for individual events.
- Provides administrative and reception support to the department.
- Other duties as required in support of the department and/or unit.
- Two-Year Community College Diploma.
- More than 1 year and up to and including 2 years of experience.
- Experience in client and/or customer experience functions considered an asset.
Required Licenses and Certifications
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check required.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening required.
Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge and Requirements
- Knowledge and insight of practical methods, techniques, and work processes that is typically acquired through a combination of technical training and/or work experience.
- Provide information that requires technical or administrative explanation or interpretation.
- Attempts to resolve a difficult or challenging interpersonal situation, or overcome resistance to gain cooperation, before referring to others.
- Manage own work effectively and follows through on commitments, using the available resources.
- May distribute work to deliver objectives on time and to the highest standard and help others access resources to support goal achievement.
- Resolve recurring problems and situations using established procedure and guidelines.
- Bring forward problems, obstacles or challenges to work completion in a timely manners so deadlines continue to be met.
- Break down concrete issues into parts and selects best solution from clear alternatives and past practices.
- Acknowledge and respect diverse cultural traditions and beliefs.
- Question attitudes, comments and behaviours which are discriminatory and seeks out appropriate resources to remove these from the workplace.
Applicants Please Follow The Link Below:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.