The City of KingstonWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
We acknowledge that the City of Kingston is situated on traditional Anishi
Job Listing #17405
Payroll / Scheduling Clerk - Rideaucrest Home • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2023
Application Deadline: 15 Feb 2023
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Clerical/Administrative / Administration/Travail de bureau
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $25.60 - $31.42
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
We acknowledge that the City of Kingston is situated on traditional Anishinabek (Ah- nish-in-ah-bay), Haudenosaunee (Ho-den-o-show-nee) and Huron-Wendat (huron-wen·dat) territory and is the home of many Indigenous peoples. We are grateful to reside and work on this land.
Kingston is a smart, livable city in the heart of eastern Ontario. Its stable and diversified economy includes global corporations, innovative start-ups and all levels of government. Kingstonians enjoy a high quality of life with access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
We take our core values of Trust, Respect, Integrity and Pride seriously and apply these standards to everything we do. We foster a working environment that reflects our community’s diversity and respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. The City of Kingston views diversity as its strength and encourages people from all backgrounds, including but not limited to women, racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, Persons with Disabilities and persons who identify as members *2SLGBTQ+ communities, to apply.
The Payroll/Staffing Clerk is responsible for clerical and record keeping duties related to the daily attendance & scheduling, payroll and WSIB for approximately 200+ employees for Rideaucrest Home.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with department supervisors to create/build and maintain schedules for Rideaucrest Home employees.
- Ensure daily staff replacements are completed (sick calls, leave of absences, etc).
- Responsible for data entry and maintenance of all payroll records for Rideaucrest employees, as well as wage progressions.
- Responsible for responding to payroll and scheduling inquiries.
- Provide staffing & payroll reports to management (statistical patterns, vacation, sick etc.).
- Maintain vacation and lieu entitlement lists.
- Actively promote and follow safe work practices and ensure accident prevention and health and safety responsibilities are fully met by self and others.
- Establish and maintain electronic and manual filing systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 year certificate in office administration or equivalent;
- 1 year of experience creating and building electronic schedules;
- 1 year of payroll experience;
- Experience in a health care setting preferred;
- Experience in a unionized environment preferred;
- Must demonstrate corporate competencies: Customer Focus, Results Orientation, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Skills, Abilities, Work Demands
- Strong attention to detail;
- Typing at 40 wpm (tested);
- Ability to process functions and formulas in MS Excel, (tested at the intermediate level);
- General working knowledge of computer software (ie. Microsoft Office, Goldcare, PeopleSoft);
- Demonstrated ability to interact with seniors in a caring and respectful manner;
- Able to maintain confidentiality;
- Commitment to promoting and following health and safety practices;
- Able to work independently and as an effective team member in a cooperative manner with all members of staff, families, residents, volunteers and outside agencies;
- Demonstrated communication, organizational, prioritization, communication and time management skills;
- Committed to ongoing learning and development;
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check, including vulnerable sector;
- Proof of full COVID-19 immunization receipt (2 doses);
- Proof of recent screening for Tuberculosis (TB);
- Proof of immunity to communicable diseases.
Please apply to Career Opportunities at: www.cityofkingston.ca/Careers
Please inform us of any accommodations we need to make to ensure a barrier-free recruitment experience. Accommodations are available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC)and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) at any stage in the recruitment process. We’re happy to provide more information if you email us at HRCity@cityofkingston.ca
Your resumé must demonstrate how you meet position requirements. Please upload to your profile any educational Degrees, Diplomas and/or Certificates that are relevant and required for the position. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.