Service Support Analyst - Contract / Contrat
Queen's UniversityWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ ÉducationOrganization Description:
Queen’s University is the Canadian research intensive university with a transformative student learning experience. Here the employment experience is as diverse as it is interesting. We have opportunities in multiple areas of globally recognized research, faculty administration, engineering & construction, athletics & recreation, power generation, corporate shared services, and many more.
We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from individuals from equity seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the LGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
Come work with us!
Job Listing #17765
Service Support Analyst • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2023
Application Deadline: 02 Apr 2023
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Computer/IT / Ordinateur/Technologie de l'information
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Salary / Salaire OVER 55,001
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
A Brief Overview
The Service Operations Directorate of Information Technology Services (IT Services) at Queen's University requires a Service Support Analyst.
This position provides escalated user support to resolve issues for a variety of operating systems (Windows, Mac, mobile etc.), desktop applications, and other technologies. This position tracks and monitors user issues, generates reports, and develops workflows. This position investigates and takes corrective action for escalated issues. This position also configures systems and security on software to protect data by encryption and domain password security.
The position is often challenging, yet rewarding, as you work both individually and as a cohesive team of Analysts to troubleshoot and resolve client facing issues. If you enjoy an environment where no two days are alike, if you have extensive experience with complex technical issues associated with desktop support and a variety of applications, and if you excel at delivering customer service with empathy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude, consider applying for the Service Support Analyst role. We look forward to hearing from you.
What you will do
• Provides escalated user support to resolve issues for a variety of operating systems (Windows, Mac, mobile etc.), desktop applications, and other technologies.
• Tracks and monitors user issues, generates reports, and develops workflows.
• Identifies and updates procedures to enable efficient resolution of recurring problems.
• Investigates and takes corrective action for escalated issues.
• Configures systems and security on software to protect data by encryption and domain password security.
• Support users through technical knowledge to ensure proper use of software and hardware.
• Researches and recommends solutions to improve services, processes, and documentation.
• Three-year Community College Diploma or Three-Year Bachelor Degree, or equivalent. In addition, requires trade certification, qualification, or on-going learning to remain ahead of changes in technology or emerging fields.
• More than 2 years and up to and including 3 years of experience.
• Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge and Requirements
• Practical and applied knowledge of specialized methods and processes that are typically acquired through a combination of technical or academic qualification and/or work experience.
• Provide consultation and advice on non-straightforward and/or complex issues.
• Interaction with others typically requires interpersonal skills and the ability to understand and influence.
• Adapt messages to meet the needs of the intended audience.
• Build relationships, trust and credibility.
• Manage own work and may train and review the work of casual employees, work study students and/or volunteers, to see commitments through to completion.
• Contribute to setting work priorities and direction, supporting the team in achieving goals and objectives.
• Participate in project team meetings and develop individual project plans.
• Lead procedural or technological change within a unit.
• Identify new problems and seek information and input to fully understand the cause of problems.
• Identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of work processes.
• Draw logical conclusions and provides opinions and recommendations.
• Research equity, diversity, accessibility and inclusion resources and best practices relevant to the job and unit operations in order to inform evidence-based planning.
• Commitment to principles of equity, diversity, accessibility, inclusion, Indigenization and human rights for equity deserving groups.
Applicants Please Follow The Link Below:
You have viewed this listing 1 times.
Featured Job / KEYS Job Board
Contract / Contrat
Queen's University Biological Station (QUBS) (Food Service Worker)
Leeds and Grenville
Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 20.00