Cook - Part Time - Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Southern Frontenac Community Services CorporationWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ ÉducationOrganization Description:
Southern Frontenac Community Services Corporation (SFCSC) is a charitable organization that enhances the quality of life in rural South Frontenac by providing a variety of programs supporting seniors and their caregivers. SFCSC seniors' services include: Adult Day Program, Hot meals on Wheels, Diners' Club congregate meals, Home Help, Respite Care, and Senior's Social and Recreational programming. SFCSC also hosts the community's Food Bank serving families in need, and Housing and Homelessness Services for residents who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Job Listing #17768
Cook - Part Time • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2023
Application Deadline: 24 Mar 2023
Location: Frontenac County
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: To be discussed
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $21.74
Southern Frontenac Community Services is a rural based organization focused on working with others in the provision of health and social services that meet the needs of our community.
The Cook will take direction from the Lead Cook and prepare nutritious meals for our senior clientele, taking into consideration special dietary requirements and tight timelines. The Cook will use knowledge of commercial kitchens and safe food handling practices to perform duties accordingly.
This is a part-time position (min. 14 hrs/week) with potential for additional hours, based in Sydenham, ON.
- Working for the Meals on Wheels program and preparing food for our deliveries, based on menus and instructions from the Lead Cook.
- Maintain a safe, healthy and clean kitchen that meets or exceeds KFL&A Public Health Inspection and Safe Food Handling requirements.
- Cook with, mentor and inspire kitchen volunteers.
Please reference our website for a more detailed job description: https://www.sfcsc.ca/career-opportunities
- Cooking experience with demonstrated ability to read and follow recipes
- Willingness to take direction from Lead Cook
- Knowledge in the area of commercial kitchen equipment and regulations
- Knowledge of nutrition and special dietary requirements for seniors
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently but also collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to remain calm and respectful under pressure
- Able to meet the physical demands of the role (e.g. standing, lifting up to 40lbs)
The successful applicant will be asked to provide proof of eligibility to work with vulnerable persons by submitting a completed criminal record check with vulnerable sector check.
To Apply: Send a resume and a cover letter clearly indicating how you meet the role requirements to Southern Frontenac Community Services via email to email@example.com with Cook in the subject line by March 24, 2023.
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices – please notify Chantal Tyrell if you require accommodation for any part of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.
Featured Job / KEYS Job Board
Contract / Contrat
Queen's University Biological Station (QUBS) (Food Service Worker)
Leeds and Grenville
Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 20.00