Kingston Symphony AssociationWebsite IconFacebook IconTwitter Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
The Kingston Symphony Association exists to produce and promote professional quality programs of instrumental and choral music for the education, enjoyment and enrichment of audiences in the Greater Kingston area. We are dedicated to the support, development and showcasing of Canadian artists and composers.
The Kingston Symphony Association is the umbrella organization for six performing ensembles including the Kingston Symphony, the Kingston Choral Society, the Kingston Youth Orchestra, the Kingston Youth Strings, the Kingston A-Strings, and the Kingston Community Strings. We are dedicated to musical development in our community and through our ensembles we are able to present orchestral and choral concerts, and involve young people in our community in professional level musical performances and training.
The Kingston Symphony Association is also fortunate to have a Volunteer Committee who work on our behalf to raise funds for the operation of our organization and who provide financial awards for deserving young musicians each season. The Volunteer Committee is active in a range of annual fundraising programs including a Book Fair, Nearly New Sales, Vinyl Records Sales, House Tour, and Fashion Show.
Job Listing #3931
Marketing Assistant • Seasonal / Saisonnier
Date Posted: 11 Jun 2019
Application Deadline: 18 Jun 2019
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Other / Autre
Hours Per Week: 30
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $14.00
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The Kingston Symphony seeks a Marketing Assistant for an eight-week position. Under the direction of Kingston Symphony staff, the Marketing Assistant will be involved in the execution of the marketing and communications plan for the Kingston Symphony Association's 2019-2020 season. The successful candidate will also assist in selling advertising in the concert program.
The position will run for eight weeks – 30 hours per week, and will start no later than June 24, 2019. An earlier start date is possible, depending on the availability of the successful applicant. The position pays $14 per hour plus vacation pay, EI and CPP contributions.
This position has been made possible through funding received from the Canada Summer Jobs program therefore youth applying must meet all the criteria below:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
To apply, candidates should email a resume and covering letter to the Kingston Symphony Association at firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line, Summer Marketing Assistant. The application deadline is June 18, 2019 at 5 p.m. Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and takes initiative
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and is comfortable using various social media platforms (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
- Ability to work independently and to make a strong contribution to a team environment
- Good problem solving skills
- Take directions well
- Employment and/or volunteer experience in arts, outreach, communications, public relations, and/or media
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
You have viewed this listing 1 times.