Hochelaga InnWebsite IconFacebook IconTwitter Icon
Industry Sector: Restaurant/Hotel / Restaurant/Hôtel
Hochelaga Inn is known as Kingston's most recognizable bed and breakfast Historic Inn. We offer first class accommodations and service in the fashionable historic Sydenham District, located in the centre of the famous Limestone City. Our French Victorian Mansion, with 21 rooms, is perfect for the business or leisure traveller seeking accommodation in Kingston.
Job Listing #4718
Lead Cook • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2019
Application Deadline: 02 Nov 2019
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Restaurant/Hotel / Restaurant/Hôtel
Hours Per Week: 20
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 14
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Hochelaga Inn is known as Kingston's most recognizable bed and breakfast Historic Inn. We offer first class accommodations and service in the fashionable historic Sydenham District, located in the centre of the famous Limestone City. We pride ourselves on the culinary creations served from our kitchen, and are looking for an experienced and passionate Cook to help support our team.
The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience preparing meals, is reliable and friendly to all staff and customers. If you have restaurant industry experience and a passion for food prep and strong customer service, please submit an application to us today.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat to prepare meals.)
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Prepare meals during our dining hours
- Maintain accurate food inventories
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures
- Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift
We invite applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes all applications. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Hochelaga Inn provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that considers an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources by replying to this advertisement.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.