The Gananoque Inn & SpaWebsite IconFacebook IconTwitter IconLinkedIn Icon
Industry Sector: Restaurant/Hotel / Restaurant/Hôtel
The historic Gananoque Inn & Spa is nestled on the banks of the St. Lawrence River in the small, picturesque town of Gananoque, Ontario, “deep in the heart of the world famous Thousand Islands.” Discerning travelers have found an idyllic setting and warm hospitality at the Gananoque Inn since 1896. The Inn is just a 20 minute drive from Fort Henry and the Rideau Canal UNESCO World Heritage Site. Read our history to learn more about the Inn.
A stone’s throw from the famous Gananoque Boat Line and the Thousand Islands Playhouse, and within walking distance to other attractions, parks, shops and more, the Inn’s location still feels secluded. It incorporates 51 unique rooms, some with Jacuzzis and water views, balconies, fireplaces, and even a honeymoon suite. The Gananoque Inn & Spa caters to conferences, weddings, and visitors all with the same passionate attention to detail.
Luxuries and services make staying at the Gananoque Inn & Spa an indulgence. Two waterside restaurants offer guests the opportunity to dine in an idyllic setting overlooking the St. Lawrence River or relax in a casual atmosphere. With the restaurants and an impressive spa on site, the Inn is sure to treat the tastebuds while also providing some pampering
Job Listing #4731
Lead- Muskie Jake's Tap & Grill • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2019
Application Deadline: 24 Oct 2019
Location: Town of Gananoque
Category: Restaurant/Hotel / Restaurant/Hôtel
Hours Per Week: TBD
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire TBD
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
IMMEDIATE- POSITION: LEAD- MUSKIE JAKE’S TAP & GRILL
Reporting to the Managers and Owners for the Gananoque Inn & Spa, the Lead-Muskie Jake’s Tap & Grill, will oversee day to day operations of the Pub while working alongside the Lead-Watermark Restaurant/Banquet & Catering.
- Attention to Detail: The Lead for Muskie Jake’s Tap & Grill will have to keep their eyes on a lot of elements: food standards, costs, safety, etc.
- Leadership: The Lead for Muskie Jake’s Tap & Grill must be leaders in the front and back of house, rallying their team during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Management Skills: The Lead for Muskie Jake’s Tap & Grill will not only deal with food, they also have to deal with costs, pricing, creating work schedules and more.
- Organizational Skills: Keeping work schedules, shipments, cleaning schedules and more organized is crucial to the job.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Dealing with employee conflict, irate customers is part of the Lead for Muskie Jake’s Tap & Grill’s job. Being able to come up with a solution quickly is a needed skill.
- Speaking Skills: The Lead for Muskie Jake’s Tap & Grill will need to accurately and easily communicate standards and cooking methods to staff, give orders and speak with customers clearly.
- Stamina: The Lead for Muskie Jake’s Tap & Grill can expect long days around hot cooking elements, much of it on their feet.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervision and support of staff while ensuring that standards are maintained and procedures followed.
- Hands on assistance in all facets of the operation including serving, bartending, expediting and hosting.
- Scheduling of staff and approval of time sheets.
- Assistance with inventory control procedures and purchasing of bar liquor, beer, wine, and other supplies.
- Leadership & Motivation: must be a leader and rally our team during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Assistance with reconciling end of day reconciliations and reports.
- Managing outlet with a constant focus on outlets goals and within budgeted guidelines.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of outlet.
- Ensure department holds regular communication meetings.
- Hiring, training, development, and evaluation of staff
- Implementing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Assist in other departments as required
- Minimum of 5 years Food & Beverage experience
- Post Secondary education in Hotel/Restaurant and asset.
- Completion of Smart Serve Training.
- Experience with POS systems and computer skills in Excel and Word.
- Highly motivated and guest driven.
- Ability to solve problems and make timely guest service decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible to work various shifts including weekends, days, nights and holidays.
The Gananoque Inn is an award winning, 51 room historic inn on the waterfront in the heart of the 1000 Islands. Open year round, the Inn offers Jacuzzi or fireplace rooms, breathtaking St Lawrence River views and walkouts to gardens and waterfront. Casual fine Dining, a casual Pub, and conference rooms are all available with patios.
The Gananoque Inn
Enjoy a rewarding career at the Gananoque Inn, Gananoque’s only 4 star property on the waterfront. All candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar capacity as well as have a background for providing exceptional guest service. If you are self motivated team player and want a challenging career please send your resume in confidence to Lori Higgs at 550 Stone Street S. Gananoque Ontario K7G 2A8 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 613-382-7912. In the event that we wish to arrange a personal interview, we will contact you directly. Wage to be determined.
Additional Requirements: Smart Serve, WHIMIS
You have viewed this listing 1 times.