Kingston Community Health Centres Website IconFacebook IconTwitter Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Kingston Community Health Centres (KCHC) is a multi-service, multi-site Community Health Centre – that means we care for the people in our community, but we also care for and build up our community.
At KCHC, we have many locations, and many different services and programs. While our work is diverse, all of our programs and staff are united by our values and by our mission: To care, to respond, to build community.
Job Listing #5320
Dental Assistant, Dental Program • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020
Application Deadline: 26 Feb 2020
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Health Care / Soins de santé
Hours Per Week: 21
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $21.39 to $26.00 per hour
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Dental Assistant, Dental Program*
Manager, Dental Program
Kingston & Napanee
Permanent 0.6 FTE (21 hours/week)
$21.39 to $26.00 per hour
Working with an interdisciplinary team, the Dental Assistant delivers dental health education, oral hygiene instruction, assists at screening and clinics, as well as coordinates client bookings and assists in managing the clinic schedule. The Dental Assistant is also responsible for processing billing payments, regularly tracking clinic data and assisting with reporting requirements.
This practice will focus on providing oral health services to individuals participating in the Ontario Seniors Dental Care Program. This program provides free, routine dental services for low-income to seniors and services will be provided at dental clinics in Kingston and in Napanee.
*This position description is currently under review to incorporate core competencies. Final position description will be provided to the successful candidate when available.
· Sets up operatory, organizes instruments and dental materials needed for dental procedures and ensures equipment is in working order
· Provides preventative intra-oral hygiene services under direction of Clinical Dentist
· Prepares and cleans examination room, and sterilizes instruments prior to each appointment
· Takes radiographs, processes and mounts radiographs for clinic dentist
· Positions patients in the examination room, explains dental procedures, provides support, and dismisses clients at appropriate time
· Collects eligibility information from current and prospective patients
· Facilitates access to treatment by scheduling appointments
· Liaises with various dental practices, as needed, to obtain client charts and information
· Answers questions pertaining to the various dental programs at KCHC
· Records information for dental screening and Dental Indices Survey and assists with follow-up procedures
· Develops and maintains resources and teaching materials
· Participates in the efficient operation of programs including booking clients and managing the schedule and reception duties, as needed
· Provides administrative and clerical support for the dental clinic
· Creates, maintains, and retrieves client records and ensures confidentiality
· Ensures files are securely stored in clinic area
· Supports the Program Administrator with inventory management, ordering, and vendor management, as needed
· Tracks information and data needed for reporting purposes, as needed
· Assists the Program Administrator with compiling statistics and data and helps prepare quarterly reports and program information and updates, as needed
· Processes billing payments and invoices, as needed
· Assists with program promotion
· Plans, develops and provides dental health education to community agencies and the community at large
· Organizes and participates in selected community events, such as Dental Health Month and school health fairs, as required
· Work as part of the dental care team to develop and implement client/patient care plan including collecting and analyzing information
· Participates in quality improvement initiatives, as appropriate
- Complies with all relevant legislation and KCHC policies, including privacy laws
- Supports consistent application and development of KCHC policies and procedures
- Supports KCHC’s student and volunteer placement programs
- Promotes awareness of and participation in KCHC activities
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
Basic Education and Experience Requirements
- Dental assistant certificate from a recognized educational institution
- Certified Dental Assistant Level II designation preferred
- Healing Arts Radiation Protection (HARP) Act Certified
- Previous experience in community dentistry considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Must possess the following traits/skills: patience, empathy, and observation skills in order to work with children, youth and adults; sensitivity to the needs of the designated target population and the care they require
- Ability to work with computer databases and electronic mail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and above average attention to detail
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a commitment to being a “team player”
Organizational Competencies: Accountability, Client Focus, Collaboration, Continuous Learning
Position Competencies: Attention to detail, Communication, Initiative, Teamwork, Time management
- This position has shifts in Kingston and Napanee, reliable transportation required
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
- French language is an asset
- Please include a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experiences correspond with the specific job qualifications along with your resume.
- Save all documents as a single PDF file using your own name (Last, First).
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference “2020-06-KCHC” in the subject line.
- Applications must be submitted to Human Resources by Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
All KCHC staff have a duty to understand and follow KCHC policies, uphold high ethical and professional standards, and maintain confidentiality and privacy, using tact and good judgment in all dealings with other staff and clients.
KCHC is an equal opportunity employer, respecting and embracing the needs and diversity of our employees. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify Human Resources.
We are a proud Living Wage employer!
Kingston Community Health Centres, 263 Weller Ave. Kingston ON, K7K 2V4
You have viewed this listing 1 times.