Improbable EscapesWebsite IconFacebook Icon
Industry Sector: Customer Service / Service à la clientèle
Improbable Escapes is Kingston's #1 Rated Fun Thing To Do! Improbable Escapes is a live action escape room facility located in the heart of downtown Kingston, and has been open since 2015.
Job Listing #5326
Front Desk Receptionist + Barista • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020
Application Deadline: 29 Feb 2020
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Restaurant/Hotel / Restaurant/Hôtel
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 15-16
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Improbable Escapes: Wonderland
Improbable Escapes: Wonderland is a brand new escape room and board game lounge facility.
Job Title: Front Desk Receptionist + Barista (FDR+B)
Wages: $15-$16 (depending on experience) + tips
Status: Full Time
Hours: 6:45AM-2:45PM, Mondays-Fridays
Summary of Position:
The FDR+B is responsible for greeting and checking in all guests for the escape rooms, making bookings, responding to emails, phone calls, and other customer inquiries. The FDR+B also acts as the barista at the cafe, serving all coffee and cafe products with friendly, individualized attention to each customer. They are also responsible for educating customers about our menu, board games, and escape rooms. The FDR+B fulfils any other duties that management assigns and represents Improbable Escapes: Wonderland in a professional manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develop a rapport with customers by learning their names, favourite drinks, etc
- Verbally receives and calls back customers in a friendly manner
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations
- Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner, including but not limited to giving store greetings, directions, taking bookings or reservations
- Makes all beverages and light snacks for customers
- Maintains efficient, friendly service.
- Checks-in guests, take credit cards or other payment, manages entire service with hospitality and an attention to the guest
- Restocks coffee, fridges, shelves
- Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows, grinders, takes out trash, etc.
- Informs manager of any operational inconsistencies
- Handles inventory of bar and kitchen items
- Effective communicator and good verbal communication skills
- Must be eager to learn, eager to teach
- Able to work under pressure with a positive attitude
- Has 2+ years experience in customer service
- Has 1+ years experience as a trained barista (knows how to operate a commercial espresso machine)
- Has 1+ years experience in an administrative capacity
May work special events, as needed
- Possess math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point of sales system
- Assets: trained bartender, board game lover
You have viewed this listing 1 times.