Kingston Harbour Light
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Kingston Harbour Light’s Residential Addiction Treatment, Correctional Services Canada Community Residential Facility, and French Language Services in accordance with Government contractual agreements and Salvation Army standards.
Kingston Harbour Light is a 21 bed residential facility for men, located in downtown Kingston, providing French Language services, treatment services and Correctional Services with Correctional Services Canada.
Job Listing #5521
Temporary Custodian • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2020
Application Deadline: 03 Apr 2020
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Health Care / Soins de santé
Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire TBD
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The purpose of the expectation task list is to identify and clarify what management expects from the incumbent. The following expectations and tasks will be part of the annual performance appraisals; your merit increase will be based on the level of performance in each of the following areas.
Expectations may change year to year and both parties should use the annual performance appraisal to determine realistic and equitable goals and outcomes for the upcoming performance year.
EXPECTATIONS & TASK LIST
??Reports to the Support Services Supervisor
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Checks, cleans, moves, arranges and dusts furniture
- Sweeps and wet mops floors, washrooms and all common areas, including elevator
- Vacuums carpeted areas and floor mats
- Collection and disposal of garbage
- Restocks washroom supplies and distributes received material as required
- Spot washes accessible walls; strip, buff, polish floors and shampoos carpets as required
- Disinfects client rooms and linen upon discharge
- Clean up all utility sinks, mops and buckets at the end of each shift
- Ensure all stripping and buffing pads are washed and kept clean for use
- Change vacuum bags as required
- Check cleaning/maintenance supplies and report to Chaplain for re-order
- Ensures that supplies are received, stored, and redistributed to appropriate departments.
- Ensures the general upkeep of external property – mow lawns, keep sidewalks clear of snow and ice, clean main floor outside windows, pick up litter, sweep sidewalks and laneway, garden/water and prune shrubs and flowers, raking
- Check on all building systems, maintain regular checklist reports, and report potential problem situations to Support Services Manager
- Performs minor equipment and building repairs, such as electrical (change burnt out bulbs), plumbing (repairs plumbing fixtures such as taps, sinks, toilets), painting (touch-up and decorating repairs)
- Recommends maintenance and equipment repairs to Support Services Supervisor
- Maintains a safe living and working environment through compliance with policies and procedures, rules and regulations governing facility safety and safety in the work place.
- Performs regular health and safety checks; reports problems to Support Services Supervisor
- Attend in-house and Staff development sessions as required
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL EFFORT/DEXTERITY REQUIRED:
- The performance of the job requires frequent use of cleaning equipment and tools.
- Physical effort needed in mopping, sweeping, bending/twisting, lifting, climbing, carrying, ladder work, painting.
- Moderate to high levels of attention and concentration when using electrical or mechanical equipment. Particular care is required in the use of hazardous chemicals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ Exposure to Hazards:
- Handling of garbage
- Angry or abusive clients
- Verbal abuse
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Bodily fluids
- Work schedule affecting lifestyle
The incumbent must take the following precautions in addition to following all Health and Safety Rules:
- Universal precautions
- Immunization for Tuberculosis and Hepatitis B
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Grade 12 plus two years of related experience: previous cleaning experience and familiarity with cleaning procedures and chemicals; previous experience in preventative maintenance programs and building maintenance experience.
- Various trade experiences would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Familiar with computer operation.
- Must have completed WHMIS training, First Aid/CPR
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training
- Criminal Police Vulnerable Sector Check
You have viewed this listing 1 times.