The John Howard Society of Kingston and DistrictWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
The John Howard Society of Kingston & District is a non-profit organization committed to providing and developing a wide range of community-based services that address crime and its causes. We are dedicated to supporting the rehabilitation and re-integration efforts of those who have been in conflict with the law. Our organization has a strong history of helping people through the provision of prevention and intervention services, as well as advocacy and public education. We strive to offer programs that are evidence-based and responsive to our community needs thereby contributing to the development of a safe and healthy community for all.
Job Listing #5886
WASH (Weekend and Statutory Holiday) Court Worker • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2020
Application Deadline: 11 Aug 2020
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Social Services/Education / Services sociaux/ Éducation
Hours Per Week: No guarantee of hours
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire $ 17.57
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
The John Howard Society of Kingston & District is recruiting a professional and motivated WASH Court Worker. The right candidate will join a highly motivated team with a track record of very high achievement and an appetite for change and innovation.
WASH (Weekend and Statutory Holiday)Court Worker
771 Montreal Street, Kingston, Ontario.
Relief (No guarantee of hours)
$17.57 per hour
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
- Assesses potential clients for suitability for the bail program during the weekend and statutory holiday court
- Provides services for clients on bail supervision
- Create release plans for individuals charged on weekends and statutory holidays in the WASH jurisdictions by liaising with duty counsel and crown attorneys at court
- Promote the effective use of services through innovation
- Interview clients over the phone at court prior to the court appearance
- Obtain all relevant information from clients in a timely manner
- Assist clients with referrals to appropriate community service agencies and educational/vocational programs
- Promote the program among community services, in the Court, and in the community
- Maintain positive relationships with court personnel, probation officers, police, and other professionals involved with the client
- Testify in court, when required to do so
- Maintain client files, input information into the case management system, and complete required court documentation
- A degree or diploma in the social sciences field
- Specific education, training or certification in community corrections is an asset
- Knowledge of motivational, solution-focused and crisis intervention counselling techniques
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of risk management
The John Howard Society of Kingston & District is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing an accessible workplace. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. The Closing Date for applications is August 11th, 2020 ). We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.