Delta Mill SocietyWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
The Delta Mill Society owns and operates the Old Stone Mill National Historic Site located in the village of Delta Ontario within the Township of Rideau Lakes. The OSM showcases milling technology and 1800s industrial heritage; built in 1810 it is one of the finest examples of early industrial architecture in the region.
Job Listing #5895
Maintenance Worker • Contract / Contrat
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2020
Application Deadline: 09 Aug 2020
Location: Leeds and Grenville
Category: General Labour/Trades / Manœuvres et gens de métiers
Hours Per Week: 35
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 14.00
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have maintenance experience and some basic carpentry knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina with the ability to do the assigned work without constant Supervision.
• Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
• Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, replacing weather stripping, etc.
• Perform interior painting
• Carpentry knowledgeable to be able to build benches and railing
• Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
• Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
• Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues Requirements
• Basic knowledge of carpentry, painting and general maintenance duties
• Experience using hand and electrical tools
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Physical stamina and dexterity - ability to lift 25+ pounds
• High school diploma or equivalent Eligibility
• You must be between the ages of 15 to 30 and a Canadian citizen who is eligible and willing to register with Canada Summer Jobs. You do not need to be a Student.
• Your job would run for 8 weeks with a potential start date of August 17 th to October 9 th at 35 hours per week.
You must be between the ages of 15 to 30 and a Canadian citizen who is eligible and willing to register with Canada Summer Jobs. You do not need to be a Student.
Additional Requirements: Ability to get to job location - there is no public transportation available in Rideau Lakes.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.