KEYS Job Centre KingstonWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Other / Autre
Job Listing #6100
Employment Resource Assistant – Employment Service - Kingston -Competition No. 455 • Part Time / À Temps Partiel
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2020
Application Deadline: 25 Sep 2020
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: Clerical/Administrative / Administration/Travail de bureau
Hours Per Week: 28
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire TBD
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
KEYS Job Centre is hiring a temporary Employment Resource Assistant for Employment Services, Kingston is being considered. Note that candidates must meet the eligibility criteria for the Canada Summer Jobs program: be under 30 years old and have the intent to return to school in 2021
Length of Position: 5th October to 11th December, 2020 (10 weeks)
Job Classification: Temporary/Student wage - $17.70/hr
Hours per Week: 28 with a flexible schedule to support service activities
The Employment Resource Centre provides a wide range of services at one location including drop-in resource center, one-on-one employment counselling, employment workshops, referrals to agencies/community services, and training/upgrading information including government-funded interventions.
The primary purpose of Employment Resource Assistant is to provide unemployed individuals with skills development information and access to resources within the centre on a drop-in and/or scheduled basisis and to assist job seekers with their job search and/or training decisions. The Assistant will offer administrative support to the frontline teams, which will include occasional reception duties.
The position may also require occasional crisis intervention and a knowledge of support services (housing, emergency shelter, food banks etc.) and referral processes.
During Covid restrictions, service to clients is offered both in-person at the KEYS office and virtually by phone and video options. We adhere to all Covid-related safety precautions.
- Demonstrated excellence in frontline customer service;
- Ability to help clients to problem-solve in a supportive, solution-focused manner
- Compassionate understanding of the challenges facing the unemployed
- Understand the challenges facing job seekers and businesses as the economy slowly resets & recovers from the Covid emergency.
- Some knowledge of client support services i.e. housing, emergency shelter etc.
- Some knowledge of current labour market trends, employment support services, vocational training opportunities, employment related web sites and adult learning approaches
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills; active listening and decision-making skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills; strong computer skills; knowledge of a variety of software programs
- Detail and task oriented with demonstrated self-management and time-management skills
- Ability to work as a collaborative, supportive member of an inter-dependent team.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with discretion and to respond positively to challenges;
- Demonstrated good judgement and a clear understanding of appropriate service boundaries.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment with co-workers, clients and partners.
- Ability to promote confidentiality as a norm
- Must treat all individuals with equal respect and interact in a tactful, supportive, professional manner;
- Successful completion of at least 2 years of post-secondary education preferably in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Social Services; or a combination of education and relevant work experience will also be considered
- Demonstrated understanding of vulnerable populations; labour market; local employer base; social services and education institutions in the Kingston area.
- Willingness to comply with the established agency performance standards which includes: productivity/personal responsibility; customer centred service; collaborative team performance; entrepreneurial attitude and maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills; high comfort level in public arenas.
- Proficiency in English – both verbal and written; a second language (French and/or Arabic) is an asset.
- Work Environment (Equipment, Demands and Hazards)
- Shared office space; mainly in the KEYS ERC with occasional travel to events or meetings to off-site locations within the KEYS catchment area
- Professional appearance is required; casual business attire.
- 28 hours per week, Monday to Thursday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Flexibility on days of work is required
- Use of office equipment required and software specific to programs.
This competition will close at 4.00 pm on Friday, 25th September 2020
If interested, please apply at: email@example.com
KEYS is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self?identify. KEYS is also committed to an inclusive, barrier?free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities. To obtain a copy of this posting and job description in an alternative format or to request any accommodation please contact usdirectly through firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613.546.5559 TTY: 613.546.0511. All requests related to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.