Labourer - Full Time / À Temps Plein
Organization Overview:Apply Now Save Listing Share Listing Print Listing
CaraCo Group of CompaniesWebsite Icon
Industry Sector: Health Care / Soins de santé
- The CaraCo Group of Companies was founded in 1959 by Ann and Cornell “Case” Blommestyn as a building and renovating company called CJM Blommestyn Construction Ltd. As the company grew it diversified into the real estate industry, managing apartment buildings as well as constructing new homes in Kingston and area.
- At the CaraCo Group of Companies, we’re proud to be locally owned with the highest reputation and a commitment to quality. Over the years, we’ve become known for our high-quality homes of all kinds and our award-winning customer service. CaraCo Development Corporation, CJM Property Management, CaraCo Property Management, and CaraCo Storage are the four current branches of the CaraCo Group of Companies, each with its own specialty. Our main branch is located in Kingston, Ontario and our USA division is in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
At CaraCo, we’re proud to still be a family-owned company
Job Listing #6107
Labourer • Full Time / À Temps Plein
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2020
Application Deadline: 22 Sep 2020
Location: Kingston and Surrounding Area
Category: General Labour/Trades / Manœuvres et gens de métiers
Hours Per Week: 40-44
Pay Rate: Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire Hourly Wage / Rémunération Horaire 18-19
Language Requirements: English / Anglais
Performs labour and duties involving construction of new homes, offices, and apartment buildings. All work is to be carried out in accordance with CaraCo policies, procedures, building codes, bylaws, legislation, regulations, fire and safety practices, and plans
- Provides general labour for the purposes of construction of new homes, offices and apartment buildings.
- Provides general labour for on site activities including clean-up as required.
- Responsible for maintenance and storage of company assets used for construction.
- Maintains high quality standards for all work completed and collaborates with others.
- Maintains site security.
Health and Safety Standards, Codes, Policies and Procedures
- Learn, understand and practice standard operating procedures of CaraCo Development Corporation.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations and CaraCo Development Corporation’s health and safety policies.
- Identify workplace hazards in order to continuously improve the work environment and take every reasonable precaution to protect self and others from health and safety hazards.
- Report unsafe acts or hazardous or unhealthy conditions to management.
- Use personal protective equipment protective devices or clothing required by the Employer.
- Current knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the ability to interpret trade codes.
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated professional work attitude and behaviours in interaction with internal and external contacts.
- Organizational skills
- Client services oriented
- Time management
- Team player
Education and Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent education.
- Minimum three years’ related experience.
- Valid Drivers License
- Own transportation between multiple sites.
- Travel between locations.
- Some exposure to environmental conditions and exposure to seasonal weather, dirt, noise, heat, cold, and mechanical hazards.
- Working at elevated heights.
- Prolonged periods lifting, carrying, pulling and pushing items; stretching, reaching above head, bending, twisting, gripping, and holding items.
- Operating mechanical devices and working with a variety of tools and equipment.
- Fine manual dexterity to operate hand tools and small mechanical items.
- Operating loud mechanical devices.
- Handling job related chemicals, solutions, and products.
You have viewed this listing 1 times.